Emiliano Sala: Police investigate online photo said to be of plane crash victim Watch

-Eirlys-
  • Debate & Current Affairs Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
A photo said to be of the body of Premier League footballer Emiliano Sala, who was killed in a plane crash earlier this year, has been posted online, prompting a police inquiry.

A Dorset Police spokesman said: "We are aware that a picture reported to be of Mr Sala's body has been shared on social media channels and are disgusted that somebody did this."

He added: "It is clearly a very difficult time for Mr Sala's family and they should not have to endure additional pain that this shameful act will undoubtedly cause.

"We are investigating this incident and are working together with a number of agencies to establish how the picture was taken and who is responsible."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48081576

I've seen the image and it ain't pretty.
Lannister043
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Why on earth would someone do something like this?
-Eirlys-
  • Debate & Current Affairs Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
It happens more than you realise. People hack into phones/computers to get morgue photos of famous people or some people will sell or share the images themselves for morbid curiosity. It seems to happen more if the case is high profile. There are websites and subreddits dedicated to this sort of thing and some of them should be reserved for the dark web imo.
(Original post by Lannister043)
Why on earth would someone do something like this?
Jebedee
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I don't recommend seeing it if you are at all squeamish.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has 2019 been so far?

Amazing!!! (38)
5.71%
Fairly positive (217)
32.63%
Just another year... (264)
39.7%
Is it 2020 yet? (146)
21.95%

Watched Threads