The Student Room Group

History Coursework Grade Boundaries

Does anyone know what the grade boundaries were for edexcel coursework last year, we’ve been given marks/levels but no grades, and our teachers said to look at last year’s boundaries, but I can’t find them?
Reply 1
Yeah we were given marks aswell. I can’t find last years boundaries. What mark did you get? I think I might’ve got an A but not sure
Original post by samiyaq
Yeah we were given marks aswell. I can’t find last years boundaries. What mark did you get? I think I might’ve got an A but not sure

I got 33/40, which was apparently an A last year as I’ve now found out, but the boundaries change every year. What did you get?
Reply 3
34/40 was an A* last year. I’d predict it going up by 1 Mark this year to 35
Original post by Laura FitzGerald
I got 33/40, which was apparently an A last year as I’ve now found out, but the boundaries change every year. What did you get?
Last year you needed 70% for an A which is 28/40, however this is dependent upon the combination of modules that you compete. If you’re around the 30 mark you’re at an A.
Original post by Laura FitzGerald
Does anyone know what the grade boundaries were for edexcel coursework last year, we’ve been given marks/levels but no grades, and our teachers said to look at last year’s boundaries, but I can’t find them?
Reply 5
You probably want to look at it in terms of the bigger picture. I got 35 so that means I need 136 more marks to get an A* for my module combo which is 19.4 marks :/
Reply 6
Do you mean 136 for all 3 papers?
Original post by H. Mussa
You probably want to look at it in terms of the bigger picture. I got 35 so that means I need 136 more marks to get an A* for my module combo which is 19.4 marks :/
Reply 7
Original post by samiyaq
Do you mean 136 for all 3 papers?

Yeah because you need 171 marks total for an A* and I have 35 from the cousework so across all three papers I need 136

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending