The Student Room Group

Psychological Research Methods

Hi, I'm starting University in Sept and looking to start studying/preparing before I start to try and get a bit of a head start.
Does anyone here have any past lecture notes/questions/help with the topic of Psychological Research Methods?

Thank you 😊
Reply 1
I don't have any material but, honestly, enjoy your time off. They teach all material from scratch and rarely assume too much prior knowledge.
is your course BPS accredited? otherwise content may vary. I started uni last September and dont worry too much though because they really dont expect much prior knowledge, we went over most of the things you learn at a-level eg milgram, zimbardo, social influence etc. as for research methods in the first semester we went through the basics of validity, reliability, sampling techniques etc and then just went through some statistical tests like t-test, post hoc tests, linear regression but they break it down for you so you dont need to prepare! Theres people on my course that came with no experience at all and people like me who had done it for A-level so they make sure to cater for everyone :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest