The Student Room Group

Cheating in long distance ?

I saw girls on my long distance boyfriend snap chat I asked him who are they one day it was one girl and he told me what the chat was however I didn’t believe him so he showed me and he didn’t lie. This time was another girl he said what they spoke about isn’t important. And he won’t show me because he feels as though I keep asking who is this and who is that.
He said he treats me the way he wants to be treated. Does this mean he trusts me a lot ? Because he never asks me who people are on my phone or anything.

Is he cheating or am I being crazy? Is he right or wrong for saying he won’t show me ?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I saw girls on my long distance boyfriend snap chat I asked him who are they one day it was one girl and he told me what the chat was however I didn’t believe him so he showed me and he didn’t lie. This time was another girl he said what they spoke about isn’t important. And he won’t show me because he feels as though I keep asking who is this and who is that.
He said he treats me the way he wants to be treated. Does this mean he trusts me a lot ? Because he never asks me who people are on my phone or anything.

Is he cheating or am I being crazy? Is he right or wrong for saying he won’t show me ?

You're paranoid. You don't trust him.
I think your crazy for going out with a guy who is long distance. case closed. most guys will have interest in other girls im afraid and the distance between you won't help anything
Reply 3
well i get you, but what you have to understand is that the basic foundation of a relationship is trust! without it you cant get anywhere! and also your guy should actually ask your permission if he is to text another girl as he should know that it bothers you, like obviously he wouldn't want you texting random guys without his knowledge!! he can also not be asking because he does not care( not really sure)! or it can be that he trusts you too!
He's right for not showing you his conversations with other people. That's disrespectful to them. He showed you once so now you expect to see them every time as "proof" and he's not going to stand for it (no one would put up with that paranoia - male or female). You don't trust him. Maybe long distance isn't the right type of relationship for you?

You're paranoid. You shouldn't need or want to see his conversations if you trust him. I'm long distance and I'm not interested in my boyfriend's phone when he gets messages from people because I trust and know he wouldn't and isn't cheating. If you don't have trust then the relationship won't work.
Reply 6
Because he never asks me who people are on my phone or anything.

As it should be.

You should follow suit.

There has to be trust in a relationship, long distance or otherwise - and that means not questioning your partner every time they talk to someone of the opposite sex. It sounds like he is able to extend that trust to you, so is there a reason that you can't do the same for him?

From what you've said I wouldn't say there was anything to suggest he was cheating; he has a right to privacy, even from the person he's dating, as does whoever he may be talking to. In terms of him not asking you who people are, I would say he trusts you just as much as he should :yep:
My boyfriend and I are long distance and we’ve been together for two and a half years. We’ve had issues like this in the past, but you just need to be blunt with him. Tell him that if he won’t be honest with you, then you don’t see a positive future together. If he still isn’t honest with you, then he’s proving that’s he’s not worthy enough of you x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending