joanfg
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,I'm struggling on deciding which uni should I choose for studying filmmmaking next September. I've got an offer from:-University for the Creative Arts for Film Production- University of the Arts London for Film and TV-Leeds Beckett University for FilmmakingI've heard good things about all of them but my main problem is that I'm from Spain and there's no actual possibility for me to get to go to their open days. Therefore your thoughts on these unis would help me a lot.Thanks!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by joanfg)
Hi,I'm struggling on deciding which uni should I choose for studying filmmmaking next September. I've got an offer from:-University for the Creative Arts for Film Production- University of the Arts London for Film and TV-Leeds Beckett University for FilmmakingI've heard good things about all of them but my main problem is that I'm from Spain and there's no actual possibility for me to get to go to their open days. Therefore your thoughts on these unis would help me a lot.Thanks!
What sort of town/city environment are you used to/looking for?
joanfg
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Apart from 8 months living this year in Melbourne, which is a pretty big city, I've been living in a super small town my entire 18 years. Actually, living in either a town or a city is not such a big deal to me, I guess I can get used to both kind of environments.
(Original post by PQ)
What sort of town/city environment are you used to/looking for?
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by joanfg)
Apart from 8 months living this year in Melbourne, which is a pretty big city, I've been living in a super small town my entire 18 years. Actually, living in either a town or a city is not such a big deal to me, I guess I can get used to both kind of environments.
Just generally then

Leeds Beckett and UCA are CILECT members - their courses are likely to be closer to industry standard than UAL.
Leeds is a big student centred city, UCA is in a small town that's mainly centred social life wise around the nearby army base. In terms of balancing student experience and course industry links I would go for Leeds Beckett - unless you're particularly drawn to UCA Farnborough or desperate to live in London.
OhGod
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by PQ)
Just generally then

Leeds Beckett and UCA are CILECT members - their courses are likely to be closer to industry standard than UAL.
Leeds is a big student centred city, UCA is in a small town that's mainly centred social life wise around the nearby army base. In terms of balancing student experience and course industry links I would go for Leeds Beckett - unless you're particularly drawn to UCA Farnborough or desperate to live in London.
UAL is CLIECT accredited http://www.cilect.org/profiles/4954
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by OhGod)
UAL is CLIECT accredited http://www.cilect.org/profiles/4954
LCC is not UAL it is an individual college.

And they've only recently become full members (up until last month - when I made the post you replied to - they weren't listed as full members on the CILECT website).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (711)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (895)
42.74%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (395)
18.86%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.44%

Watched Threads