The Student Room Group

PGCE options

I have a place at both Northampton and Oxford Brookes to study for the 5-11 PGCE. I am a Mum if 4 teenage children and live 16 miles from Brookes and 33 miles from Northampton. Journey time however is similar. There’s one week to the decision deadline and I can’t separate the two so looking to hear from people that have studied at either recently, especially regarding placements. Thanks
Original post by 2402helen
I have a place at both Northampton and Oxford Brookes to study for the 5-11 PGCE. I am a Mum if 4 teenage children and live 16 miles from Brookes and 33 miles from Northampton. Journey time however is similar. There’s one week to the decision deadline and I can’t separate the two so looking to hear from people that have studied at either recently, especially regarding placements. Thanks

Brookes Primary course is highly regarded. I would go with that :smile:
Original post by 2402helen

The PGCE is hard work, and I know placements can be some distance from uni, but I would strongly suggest going for the closer option as it's more likely they will have placement schools nearer to you, and making life easier during the PGCE is nearly always better (in my opinion).

I'd also consider where you are more likely to want to work, as you may get the chance to network with teachers from a range of schools during your placement, which can sometimes be useful for job hunting.

You could also try posting on the uni sub forums Oxford Brookes University and University of Northampton for experiences.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending