UR Model / New york Fashion / Photo company 199 Wardour st is a SCAM

Watch
Ruddin13
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
If you have been affected by the above "company" contact me . And Do not pay them any money as they are 100% scam.
You need to Contact Fraud Action UK immediately. Contact me for further actions towards them.
Last edited by Ruddin13; 1 year ago
Mimimiii
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
2 days after sending in my photos I have been contacted by UR Models. They said that I would need to pay a refundable deposit of £50 In order to secure an appointment for a test shoot. I payed it then cancelled then I paid £25 to rebook. I never went to the second appointment either and would like my money back. His name was Kwame. I thought his email address was abit strange as I had no relation to UR Models to which he is working for, help
janicemaganji
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Please cancel the direct debit right now, They have defrauded hundred of people. They come to you as GT model, promise you great stuff, get you to sign a fake contract, get your money by coercion by saying if you don’t pay right now or sign the contract, the pictures will be deleted and you won’t get the services of the manager who will get the work for you, then they vanish. If you challenge them they say you signed the contract for the photos and not the service.
There is a GT models and NewYork Fashion fraud victims what’s app group. Please contact 07810055910 to join it.
(Original post by faith daniel)
Please email them to cancel and cancel with your bank its a fraud you will not get any job.
They only sell pictures.
janicemaganji
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ruddin13)
If you have been affected by the above "company" contact me . And Do not pay them any money as they are 100% scam.
You need to Contact Fraud Action UK immediately. Contact me for further actions towards them.
Hi,
There is a GT models victims group.
They might do with your help. Please contact them at 07810055910.
Random123a
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How do I contact you?
xronigoodallx19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I sent in an application yesterday and they got back to be today gave me details and everything then later rang me back saying they had chosen me , gave me more details about what I'd be doing the money I'd be earning and said first I've got an assessment shoot which I have to pay £50 for but this is fully refundable and my 'shoot' is in the 29th of June 2019 (10 days!) Is this really a scam?
PhaedraNoir
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I ve just payed on PayPal a refundable £50 today for a booked photoshoot next Friday. I'm really confused...
Atlanta1994
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Help me.. I was scammed out of £75 think it’s terrible how they can legally have a whole set up in London like that when it’s fake?? Feel so stupid
gobliniknow
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Don't feel stupid, it's happened to so many people. Tell PayPal or your bank immediately and get your money back.
(Original post by Atlanta1994)
Help me.. I was scammed out of £75 think it’s terrible how they can legally have a whole set up in London like that when it’s fake?? Feel so stupid
T.Maria
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I was with them today and they were pretty much pressuring me into paying these portfolio fees and I said I didn’t have it because it was a lot! I said i couldn’t pay till Friday but they kept pushing me to pay them today and get money from anyone who can help... I feel sick now
gobliniknow
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you want them to stop contacting you, under GDPR law you can request them to delete all your information. Contact Trading Standards, they will explain everything! Good luck : )
(Original post by T.Maria)
I was with them today and they were pretty much pressuring me into paying these portfolio fees and I said I didn’t have it because it was a lot! I said i couldn’t pay till Friday but they kept pushing me to pay them today and get money from anyone who can help... I feel sick now
Last edited by gobliniknow; 1 year ago
Abbielouiseexd
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I also had the phone call off ur models and they said the same to me would be £50 to book the shoot, I paid it thinking it was ligit and regretted as soon as I saw these comments, the guy I spoke to was called Louis and this was his number 020 3971 5186, I rang him back up right away and he said it would be canceled and I would be refunded, I don’t no weather you can call him up and request a refund, but I hope this helps

(Original post by Mimimiii)
2 days after sending in my photos I have been contacted by UR Models. They said that I would need to pay a refundable deposit of £50 In order to secure an appointment for a test shoot. I payed it then cancelled then I paid £25 to rebook. I never went to the second appointment either and would like my money back. His name was Kwame. I thought his email address was abit strange as I had no relation to UR Models to which he is working for, help
d-tomovska1998
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi there, I have been affected by the above companies, i have also contacted my bank and they will try and help me i just need to provide them with evidence. If you could please help me?
T.Maria
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Did they ask you to screenshot your deposit transfer? You can use that as evidence! They asked me and I kept that just in case
(Original post by d-tomovska1998)
Hi there, I have been affected by the above companies, i have also contacted my bank and they will try and help me i just need to provide them with evidence. If you could please help me?
d-tomovska1998
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello, and thank you for your quick response! They just said they need as much as information/evidence as possible. They have put in a dispute in regards to this and they will look into it. I have tried contacting the fashion studio (new york fashion) but they don't answer so it's really difficult.
Did they ask you to screenshot your deposit transfer? You can use that as evidence! They asked me and I kept that just in case
T.Maria
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Aww your welcome. Yeah they are the most difficult people to call because the NEVER answer. I wish you all the luck in getting it all sorted. Something my mum always told me is ‘if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is’.
Good luck
d-tomovska1998
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
She cannot be anymore right with that statement! I hope to god i will get my money back at least. I feel so naive having been sucked into their trap. I am not going to pay anything like this ever in the future. I have spent thousands for this..it’s how much i wanted it. But now, i don’t care what offer there is out there...i am just going to be extra vigilant from now on. Thanks for your responses.
Aww your welcome. Yeah they are the most difficult people to call because the NEVER answer. I wish you all the luck in getting it all sorted. Something my mum always told me is ‘if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is’.
Good luck
KT.Pea
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi. It happened to me. I'm going to the bank to cancel my card Luckily I read all off this before wasting my day on going to London tmrw. So thanks. I will be asking bank to pass it to Froud.
Natashaemma
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’ve been contacted by UR model and been speaking to Louis! They wanted £50 but as I couldn’t do next Monday and not free for another two weeks it would then cost me £100 deposit!
T.Maria
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Believe i still don’t have the deposit money they said they would refund back! They lied to me
I wouldn’t want you to go through the same thing I did, just be careful & super cautious.
(Original post by Natashaemma)
I’ve been contacted by UR model and been speaking to Louis! They wanted £50 but as I couldn’t do next Monday and not free for another two weeks it would then cost me £100 deposit!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (191)
29.52%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.38%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.96%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.35%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.88%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.78%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.87%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.25%

Watched Threads