UR Model / New york Fashion / Photo company 199 Wardour st is a SCAM Watch

Natashaemma
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I’ve been contacted by UR model and been speaking to Louis! They wanted £50 but as I couldn’t do next Monday and not free for another two weeks it would then cost me £100 deposit!
T.Maria
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Believe i still don’t have the deposit money they said they would refund back! They lied to me
I wouldn’t want you to go through the same thing I did, just be careful & super cautious.
(Original post by Natashaemma)
I’ve been contacted by UR model and been speaking to Louis! They wanted £50 but as I couldn’t do next Monday and not free for another two weeks it would then cost me £100 deposit!
Natashaemma
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I’ve not done it! I mentioned about a scam and not heard back. I have also heard back from someone who I need to email back so they can look into it!
I shall mention the amount of people who have been ripped off and missing out on a lot of money
Natashaemma
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hello! Someone called Louis contacted me on Tuesday
(Original post by Ruddin13)
If you have been affected by the above "company" contact me . And Do not pay them any money as they are 100% scam.
You need to Contact Fraud Action UK immediately. Contact me for further actions towards them.
perciglory
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
hey guys pls help me I went to this UR models on Thursday and I was told that I will be a professional model I got a manger and was told to pay £900 for 40 images I have already paid £200 and I set up a direct debit account for them to collect £175 every month. I called my bank and they said they cant see any direct debit set up on the account and that until they set the direct debit up before they can take any action. or I can cancel my whole bank and start a fresh one. I am so confused now I don't have this kind of money to pay I never knew there are scammers in London. pls help me am an immigrant and I have borrowed thousands of money in this country I need help on how to get my money from them and to stop them from taking the money from my account
Faithjade
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hello, I went to the test shoot and got through, and asked me to give them a £300 diposit for the portfolio. If this is a scam, can I get my money back? The man I spoke to seemed genuine, he said he has been working for them for 9 years and loved the industry. He said he wanted to place me into three categories, TV & Film, high st fashion, and catolgue. He even showed me the photos and even said he would pay for 14 of the photos. Anyone else been to the shoot and had the same experience?
Last edited by Faithjade; 1 week ago
Faithjade
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ruddin13)
If you have been affected by the above "company" contact me . And Do not pay them any money as they are 100% scam.
You need to Contact Fraud Action UK immediately. Contact me for further actions towards them.
Hello,

I got caught out yesterday, went to the shoot and then afterwards persuaded you to pay money for a portfolio. I lucky didn't have the money on me. However, they said I could set up a direct debit for £300 per month of over 4 months. When I looked at my banking this morning the first payment has be cleared and I've had no refund on the £50, and I could see no direct debit being set up.

Advice would be really helpful
Last edited by Faithjade; 1 week ago
Zcdzvdzv
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Has anyone ever gotten their deposit back ? I payed and my “casting shoot “ ( ugh o feel stupid ) is on 24th @4pm anyone else that time ??
Zcdzvdzv
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Has anyone ever gotten their deposit back ? I payed and my “casting shoot “ ( ugh o feel stupid ) is on 24th @4pm anyone else that time ??

(Original post by T.Maria)
Believe i still don’t have the deposit money they said they would refund back! They lied to me
I wouldn’t want you to go through the same thing I did, just be careful & super cautious.
Neveah80
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by Zcdzvdzv)
I actually got my deposit back because I paid them the £50 over the phone using my credit card. When I checked my credit card statement, I realised that UR Models use PAYPAL to process their payments. The transaction had been recorded as PAYPAL FASHION STUDIO. So, I rang paypal and explained that I had been scammed. Paypal escalated the situation and asked them to respond to my claim within 7 days. Next day after contacting paypal, they (paypal) sent me an email saying the money had been refunded.
Neveah80
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by Faithjade)
Hello, I went to the test shoot and got through, and asked me to give them a £300 diposit for the portfolio. If this is a scam, can I get my money back? The man I spoke to seemed genuine, he said he has been working for them for 9 years and loved the industry. He said he wanted to place me into three categories, TV & Film, high st fashion, and catolgue. He even showed me the photos and even said he would pay for 14 of the photos. Anyone else been to the shoot and had the same experience?
Hello
These people are scammers. They tell everyone the same story (that they are the only 5 star platform, they work with 126 agencies, etc etc).
New York Fashion Studio is owned and operated by a company called DIGITAL FASHION PHOTOGRAPHY LTD. Please click link below which will show you when the business came into existence.They have only been registered officially in the UK on companies house since 2015. How then could your assessor have claimed that he had been working there for 9 years when the business has been operating for 4 years and a few months!

After realising I had been scammed, I asked UR Models to send me a list of agencies they worked with as proof and when I called these agencies, it was like opening a can of worms! The agencies told me that the pictures that you see on their website are not even real models. UR Models purchase those pictures from a website called shutterstock. They use so many different websites and when one gets shut down, they quickly rebrand to another website. Apparently their portfolios are below industry standard and most of their pictures are taken by people like you and me that have no experience in photography. They lie to people who have no talent whatsoever and tell them they have massive potential and pressure them into buying their useless portfolios knowing that they have no future in the modelling industry!

Stay away from these scammers and report this to the fraud team immediately.

I got scammed £550. I managed to get paypal to refund me the £50 deposit luckily. I have decided to take UR Models to a small claims court to recover the £500 which I paid them at the studio in London.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (75)
17.24%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (280)
64.37%
Not yet but I am planning to (21)
4.83%
Not yet but I might (59)
13.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise