The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham accommodation unavailable

Unfortunately my last uni replied late so I could only apply for Nottingham accommodation now - but my ideal accommodation isn't available. Would it be possible to change my accommodation on results day since not everyone will meet their requirements? If so how would I do this
Original post by blackvoid17
Unfortunately my last uni replied late so I could only apply for Nottingham accommodation now - but my ideal accommodation isn't available. Would it be possible to change my accommodation on results day since not everyone will meet their requirements? If so how would I do this

On results day more accomodation will become available as some students miss grades or change uni etc... Im not sure how this works, id assume its first come first served. I'd suggest calling the accommodation dept and asking the best way to get accomodation that has already been booked (im guessing there is a waiting list).
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by mnot
On results day more accomodation will become available as some students miss grades or change uni etc... Im not sure how this works, id assume its first come first served. I'd suggest calling the accommodation dept and asking the best way to get accomodation that has already been booked (im guessing there is a waiting list).

would I do this on results day or beforehand?
would I do this on results day or beforehand?

I would call asap, to find out how it works/what to do on results day.

Im guessing there is a waitlist that works on a first come first served basis, if so just get your name down.

Then on results day or the day after re-call backup if you haven't got a spot by then.

Also if you dont get the 'perfect' hall its not a big deal, just enjoy your accomodation whatever you end up getting!
Reply 4
I'm an offer holder at Notts. and have accommodation booked. The first instalment of payments is 5th Sep. (on-campus catered accommodation btw) so you have time. In the email we got it outlined that if you require to change your accommodation you should contact them and they would put you on a sort of reserve list for post results day availabilities.
However, if you intend on applying for off-campus accommodation until this gets sorted I don't know if the procedure is different as the deposits for that accommodation is prior to results day.
I'd say get in contact ASAP with the accommodation team.
Hope this helped :smile:
Original post by _lucie_
I'm an offer holder at Notts. and have accommodation booked. The first instalment of payments is 5th Sep. (on-campus catered accommodation btw) so you have time. In the email we got it outlined that if you require to change your accommodation you should contact them and they would put you on a sort of reserve list for post results day availabilities.
However, if you intend on applying for off-campus accommodation until this gets sorted I don't know if the procedure is different as the deposits for that accommodation is prior to results day.
I'd say get in contact ASAP with the accommodation team.
Hope this helped :smile:

Thanks for your help. I actually contacted them and they said they dont have waiting lists or anything like that so I wont be able to change my accommodation. Its fine I'm sure it won't be too bad haha.
Which accommodation are you in?
Reply 6
Cavendish Hall :smile: (West zone)
Thanks for your help. I actually contacted them and they said they dont have waiting lists or anything like that so I wont be able to change my accommodation. Its fine I'm sure it won't be too bad haha.
Which accommodation are you in?

Quick Reply

Latest