ImanL
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I want to be a pilot but I don't know where to do work experience.
Help!
the nearest airport in the one in Sheffield/Doncaster.
Surnia
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I know you're on the Armed Forces thread, but military or civil pilot, with you mentioning an airport?

What experience are you wanting/expecting? Can you join Air Cadets? Or what about contacting an RAF base as they do work experience? The latter would also give you the bigger picture of how the various sections on a station integrate to support the flying programme?
ImanL
Rep:
?
(Original post by Surnia)
I know you're on the Armed Forces thread, but military or civil pilot, with you mentioning an airport?

What experience are you wanting/expecting? Can you join Air Cadets? Or what about contacting an RAF base as they do work experience? The latter would also give you the bigger picture of how the various sections on a station integrate to support the flying programme?
thankx ill contact them
RAF_Adam
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi

You won't get work experience being a pilot in the RAF. If you're looking for work experience with the RAF in general you'll need to contact your local station direct as they organise all work experience placements themselves.

If you want to apply to be a pilot in the RAF then you need to meet all of the entry and eligibility criteria listed on the role page on the RAF Recruitment website. As long as you meet that then you'll have the same chance as everyone else who applies. It's how you do at Officer and Aircrew Selection that will determine whether you get to be a pilot in the RAF. You don't need any flying experience, we train everyone from scratch.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
ImanL
Rep:
?
thanks
(Original post by RAF_Adam)
Hi

You won't get work experience being a pilot in the RAF. If you're looking for work experience with the RAF in general you'll need to contact your local station direct as they organise all work experience placements themselves.

If you want to apply to be a pilot in the RAF then you need to meet all of the entry and eligibility criteria listed on the role page on the RAF Recruitment website. As long as you meet that then you'll have the same chance as everyone else who applies. It's how you do at Officer and Aircrew Selection that will determine whether you get to be a pilot in the RAF. You don't need any flying experience, we train everyone from scratch.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (9)
8.91%
Disagree (5)
4.95%
Neither agree or disagree (32)
31.68%
Agree (40)
39.6%
Strongly Agree (15)
14.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise