sophiemae41
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’m currently looking at doing applied science at college. I want to go into medicine/nursing but I’m not sure what universities will accept applied science as my three a-levels. Any advice?
RegisteredBMS
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You may not like my answer, but going to college and then University is another step on the independence ladder. It needs to be your decision on what and where you study and the information is out there.

Go to the websites of Universities you would like to study at any look the entry requirements for their courses. Universities have it clear on their course pages.

Unfortunately I'm not going to list all of the Universities that accept Applied Science for Nursing as it's possibly a long list and a very long research on my behalf when really, this is a time you should be researching into where you want to go.

I want to make it clear I'm not attempting to be rude or sarcastic with this post, but I see a lot of people complain that they made an uninformed choice and did the wrong degree. Please, do your research.
(Original post by sophiemae41)
I’m currently looking at doing applied science at college. I want to go into medicine/nursing but I’m not sure what universities will accept applied science as my three a-levels. Any advice?
sophiemae41
Rep:
?
I’ve been doing a lot of research. I’ve always wanted to go to york and they don’t accept applied science. Thankyou for your reply. I’ve sat for hours this evening looking it up, I’m not sure where to go. Is there any websites that sum it up?
RegisteredBMS
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
https://www.ukuniversitysearch.com/search and the UCAS website can aid in searching courses but for individual criteria such as which specific A Level's they require you'll need to go to individual University websites but those two can help narrow your search down.

More than happy to answer individual questions just felt the original post was a bit broad
sophiemae41
Rep:
?
Thankyou! I’m just stressing that I’m going to end up picking a course that won’t get me into medical school. I’ve been put down a lot due to me only getting 5s but they’re telling me I need 7s
RegisteredBMS
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There are a limited amount of Graduate Entry Medicine courses so a Google search should bring up the few that there are. They may still have GCSE requirements as they are probably more competitive than standard medicine courses.

https://generationmedics.org.uk/grad...al-schools-uk/

As a graduate you can apply for graduate entry to a standard 5 year medicine course as well as the 4 year options but the same requirements will be there. There are a few 6 year foundation medicine courses around.

I just looked at one University, Leeds. They require 6 GCSE's at 9-5 grades. Although you're at the bottom end of the requirements, you should be ok GCSE wise but do check.
(Original post by sophiemae41)
Thankyou! I’m just stressing that I’m going to end up picking a course that won’t get me into medical school. I’ve been put down a lot due to me only getting 5s but they’re telling me I need 7s
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (103)
13.24%
I'm not sure (33)
4.24%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (241)
30.98%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.44%
I'm not a current university student (382)
49.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed