samanthawongx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
any advice on learning around 40 speaking questions before thursday?!?!
esmee12
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
hey I had my german speaking today and I literally started revising for it yesterday and it went better than i thought it would considering how much i crammed it! What exam board are you?
UrbanIncentive
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
You'll be okay, they can't expect you to learn everything. Make sure you be spontaneous in your speaking - as they hate regurgitated answers. Take it from me, I got an A* in the mocks and A* in real exam.

Use impressive phrases, explain your answers throughout and engage in a normal conservation. Keep the "ummms" and "urrr" to a minimum.

I have attached a list of useful phrases with this post that I used and they really helped.
novemberstorm
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I would agree with UrbanIncentive but I would recommend memorising a few answers to any topic areas you find particularly difficult, for me I tend to forget the exact phrasing in the exam and say the gist of it which actually helps make you sound fluent/ considered.
Focus on key phrases and the introductory questions that are always asked e.g Familie, Freizeit and so on
samanthawongx
Rep:
?
(Original post by UrbanIncentive)
You'll be okay, they can't expect you to learn everything. Make sure you be spontaneous in your speaking - as they hate regurgitated answers. Take it from me, I got an A* in the mocks and A* in real exam.

Use impressive phrases, explain your answers throughout and engage in a normal conservation. Keep the "ummms" and "urrr" to a minimum.

I have attached a list of useful phrases with this post that I used and they really helped.
thank you xxx
samanthawongx
Rep:
?
(Original post by novemberstorm)
I would agree with UrbanIncentive but I would recommend memorising a few answers to any topic areas you find particularly difficult, for me I tend to forget the exact phrasing in the exam and say the gist of it which actually helps make you sound fluent/ considered.
Focus on key phrases and the introductory questions that are always asked e.g Familie, Freizeit and so on
so would three/four answers from each topic be a reasonable amount to learn and just try rephrasing it for other questions
novemberstorm
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by samanthawongx)
so would three/four answers from each topic be a reasonable amount to learn and just try rephrasing it for other questions
Probably, as long as you feel comfortable rephrasing it
EmRep13
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Give a justification after every opinion, change tenses. You’ve got this
samanthawongx
Rep:
?
(Original post by EmRep13)
Give a justification after every opinion, change tenses. You’ve got this
ill try that... speaking tests are so stressful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (11)
6.59%
They've been reasonable (68)
40.72%
Not feeling great... (44)
26.35%
They are TERRIBLE! (44)