Become a Forum Helper for Life and Style!

Watch
BurstingBubbles
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
We're looking for Forum Helpers in our section and you could be one of them!

The old community assistant role has been refreshed and is now called ‘Forum Helper’. This new role means we can accept slightly newer users with less posts (quality is what we’re looking for!)

I'm one of the Life and Style section leaders, alongside chelseadagg3r. We cover forums like relationships, mental health, and food and drink along with (many) more.

We're looking to find people for the following forums:

But feel free to apply for any other of our sub-forums!

What we need from you
  • Must have been on TSR for at least 3 months
  • Must have an established posting history in the relevant forum
  • Aged 14+
  • Be willing to work in a super diverse team
  • Able to commit a few hours a week to the role
  • Have an interest in chatting to people, creating engaging content, and helping other members
  • Have an interest/passion in the subject of the relevant forum

What's in it for you?
  • You’re spending time on TSR anyway, get the most out of it!
  • Shiny new Forum Helper title
  • Ability to move threads and keep your forum tidy
  • Being a part of a friendly and diverse team with lots of skills and experience
  • It’s great for your CV and interviews!
  • Developing new skills in your role for the UK's number 1 education website read by 11 million people each month
  • Opportunity to receive training from various organisations such as university applications and clearing advice from UCAS, offering peer support from Samaritans, and editorial feedback on articles and content from our editor
  • Opportunity for progression to the Volunteer Team (VT) (16+, dependant on DBS check), which means you'd get to attend exclusive VT meets (18+). In the past we've gone to centre parks, British Library, country mansions, luxury hotels and on cruises down the Thames!

Are you interested? If so, make an application thread (and tag us in) here telling us where and why you want to volunteer, your age, why you'd be an awesome choice, any ideas you have, and anything else you feel would be relevant and we'll check it out
geran
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Shiny new Forum Helper title
username4187664
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Any updates on this? If not, here’s a bump to get it on ‘Latest’. It is a pretty busy time right now, especially for this forum section. 😇
BurstingBubbles
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by ClubNeon)
Any updates on this? If not, here’s a bump to get it on ‘Latest’. It is a pretty busy time right now, especially for this forum section. 😇
On what? have you applied? If so please tag me in your application thread. If not and you want to join please apply in the section by creating a thread and saying why you'd like to apply (see the first post in this thread by me for more detail). I hope this helps
username4187664
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by BurstingBubbles)
On what? have you applied? If so please tag me in your application thread. If not and you want to join please apply in the section by creating a thread and saying why you'd like to apply (see the first post in this thread by me for more detail). I hope this helps
No as in like have we found anyone yet. Thanks for asking though
The Mogg
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
As far as I know you need a life to be a forum helper on the Life and Style section, with that said count me out.
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by The Mogg)
As far as I know you need a life to be a forum helper on the Life and Style section, with that said count me out.
If you need style to be an FH in the section, then count me out.
The Mogg
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by ecolier)
If you need style to be an FH in the section, then count me out.
There are way too many requirements for this role, they expect to find someone with a life AND style on TSR. No wonder they haven't found anyone in 3 months.
BurstingBubbles
Rep:
?
No as in like have we found anyone yet. Thanks for asking though
Oh I see. Yes, applications are in a private forum that's why you don't see them on this thread. This thread is more of an advertisement for people to get the link (inthe original post) and apply. We don't have a set number of people who can apply, since it's a volunteering role - the more the better
Zain_Ahmed
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Im so confused LOL.. How do I apply?
BurstingBubbles
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zain_Ahmed)
Im so confused LOL.. How do I apply?
(Original post by BurstingBubbles)
Are you interested? If so, make an application thread (and tag us in) here telling us where and why you want to volunteer, your age, why you'd be an awesome choice, any ideas you have, and anything else you feel would be relevant and we'll check it out
Please see the information from the first post in the thread above. Post in this forum: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=361

Thanks
BurstingBubbles
Rep:
?
(Original post by The Mogg)
There are way too many requirements for this role, they expect to find someone with a life AND style on TSR. No wonder they haven't found anyone in 3 months.
:rofl:

Trust me it's hard to have style (or both with style) whilst volunteering with multiple places and holding down a full time job. But it's worth it
AngryJellyfish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
These are not just Forum Helpers. They are L&S Forum Helpers. :coma:
BurstingBubbles
Rep:
?
(Original post by AngryJellyfish)
PRSOM :lol:
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by AngryJellyfish)
Probably should be paid roles to be honest!
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by mgi)
Probably should be paid roles to be honest!
Did someone mention pay???
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
Did someone mention pay???
i dared to suggest such an idea!
MiaNova
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I can't apply. Don't meet 3 month requirement :rolleyes:
RichPiana
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I have over 600 posts in the relationship section. You guys think I have a chance? :lol:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (33)
8.09%
Confident (54)
13.24%
Indifferent (58)
14.22%
Unsure (104)
25.49%
Worried (159)
38.97%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise