Become a Forum Helper for Life and Style!Watch
The old community assistant role has been refreshed and is now called ‘Forum Helper’. This new role means we can accept slightly newer users with fewer posts (quality is what we’re looking for!)
I'm one of the Life and Style volunteer section leaders (VSL) alongside DrawTheLine Life and Style covers forums like relationships, mental health, and food and drink along with (many) more.
We're looking to find people for the following forums:
But feel free to apply for any other of our sub-forums!
What we need from you
- Must have been on TSR for at least 3 months
- Must have an established posting history in the relevant forum
- Aged 14+
- Be willing to work in a super diverse team
- Able to commit a few hours a week to the role
- Have an interest in chatting to people, creating engaging content, and helping other members
- Have an interest/passion in the subject of the relevant forum
What's in it for you?
- You’re spending time on TSR anyway, get the most out of it!
- Shiny new Forum Helper title
- Ability to move threads and keep your forum tidy
- Being a part of a friendly and diverse team with lots of skills and experience
- It’s great for your CV and interviews!
- Developing new skills in your role for the UK's number 1 education website read by 11 million people each month
- Opportunity to receive training from various organisations such as university applications and clearing advice from UCAS, offering peer support from Samaritans, and editorial feedback on articles and content from our editor
- Opportunity for progression to the Volunteer Team (VT) (16+, dependant on DBS check), which means you'd get to attend exclusive VT meets (18+). In the past we've gone to centre parks, British Library, country mansions, luxury hotels and on cruises down the Thames!
Are you interested? If so, make an application thread (and tag us in) here telling us where and why you want to volunteer, your age, why you'd be an awesome choice, any ideas you have, and anything else you feel would be relevant and we'll check it out
On what? have you applied? If so please tag me in your application thread. If not and you want to join please apply in the section by creating a thread and saying why you'd like to apply (see the first post in this thread by me for more detail). I hope this helps
There are way too many requirements for this role, they expect to find someone with a life AND style on TSR. No wonder they haven't found anyone in 3 months.
Trust me it's hard to have style (or both with style) whilst volunteering with multiple places and holding down a full time job. But it's worth it