Which is the biggest shock of the Champions League? Watch

Poll: Which is the biggest shock of the Champions League?
Real Madrid 1-4 Ajax (3-5) (10)
38.46%
PSG 1-3 Man Utd (3-3, Man Utd win on away goals) (7)
26.92%
Juventus 1-2 Ajax (2-3) (6)
23.08%
Ajax 3-3 Bayern/Bayern 1-1 Ajax (0)
0%
Red Star Belgrade 2-0 Liverpool (0)
0%
Barcelona 1-1 Tottenham (0)
0%
Tottenham 1-0 Man City (4-4, Tottenham win on away goals) (3)
11.54%
Young Boys 2-1 Juventus (0)
0%
Man City 1-2 Lyon/Lyon 2-2 Man City (0)
0%
CSKA 1-0 Real Madrid/Real Madrid 0-3 CSKA (0)
0%
Viktoria Plzen 2-1 Roma (0)
0%
Palmyra
Badges: 17
Report 2 weeks ago
Liverpool 4-0 Barcelona.

Historic comeback.
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Time to add a new poll option.
Jimmy Seville
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Tonights scoreline was a shock, but it's not that big of a surprise when you look at the depth beyond Messi and Suarez in Barca's attack. Coutinho has been poor for them and Sergi Roberto is one of the most bang average footballers I think i've ever seen.
Palmyra
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Jimmy Seville)
Tonights scoreline was a shock, but it's not that big of a surprise when you look at the depth beyond Messi and Suarez in Barca's attack.
Messi (GOAT), Saurez (€80m), Coutinho (€140m), Dembele (€105m), Malcolm (€40m).

Salah and Firmino both injured and unavailable for Liverpool, leaving them with Origi (£10m and bit part player at best), Shaqiri (£13m from Stoke) and Sturridge (£12m).
bj27
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Honestly still think Ajax vs Juve is more of a shock. With Real Madrid you have the lack of Ronaldo excuse but Juventus bought Ronaldo who basically kept them in the competition.

Liverpool beating Barcelona 4-0 isn't too much of a shock, things went their way when it didn't go their way last week.
bj27
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Palmyra)
Messi (GOAT), Saurez (€80m), Coutinho (€140m), Dembele (€105m), Malcolm (€40m).

Salah and Firmino both injured and unavailable for Liverpool, leaving them with Origi (£10m and bit part player at best), Shaqiri (£13m from Stoke) and Sturridge (£12m).
Tbh Liverpool have a style of play that is basically anti Valverde's Barcelona. If you press and play with pace blocking the midfielders. this Barcelona team are finished. Can't handle constant pressure on their midfielders.

Chelsea even caused problems last season with a similar setup(although we stayed more compact), Roma did the same and pressed them high second leg. Man United did it and basically got out due to lack of quality across the squad, Liverpool's system(along with City's system) effectively is anti Barcelona and on top of it both of those teams have the quality in midfield and up front to execute and hurt Barcelona. This result really isn't that surprising.

Sergi Roberto whenever I watch him is pretty **** though. I like Semedo but think Roberto is better further forward or in midfield in these big games.
Palmyra
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by bj27)
Honestly still think Ajax vs Juve is more of a shock. With Real Madrid you have the lack of Ronaldo excuse but Juventus bought Ronaldo who basically kept them in the competition.

Liverpool beating Barcelona 4-0 isn't too much of a shock, things went their way when it didn't go their way last week.
Juve weren't exactly a monster team that everyone was fearing or thinking would win (like City or Barca). They drew the first leg and narrowly lost the second leg against a team that just mauled Madrid.

That's not a big surprise.
bj27
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Juve weren't exactly a monster team that everyone was fearing or thinking would win (like City or Barca). They drew the first leg and narrowly lost the second leg against a team that just mauled Madrid.

That's not a big surprise.
What do you mean?

Juventus were favourites in this competition.

They've been to multiple finals and just bought the guy who is at the forefront of 4 champions leagues in 5 years?

Have a mean defence and a great attack. Midfield is decent enough too.
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
4-0 obviously.
Palmyra
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by bj27)
What do you mean?

Juventus were favourites in this competition.

They've been to multiple finals and just bought the guy who is at the forefront of 4 champions leagues in 5 years?

Have a mean defence and a great attack. Midfield is decent enough too.
Liverpool were 18/1 to go through after the first leg. I'm pretty sure the odds for Ajax going through after the first leg against Juve were much better than that. Hence, not a surprise.
Kallisto
  • Entertainment Forum Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
2-3 in injury time, that can't be bested in bitterness. Ajax, beating Real and Juventus on the road to Madrid, missed it short before the finish line. PSG and Barca are nothing to this. They get their next chance, Ajax propably don't.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
moggis
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Liverpool were 18/1 to go through after the first leg. I'm pretty sure the odds for Ajax going through after the first leg against Juve were much better than that. Hence, not a surprise.
Yep.
From memory-I could be wrong -They had about a 28% chance according to the market.
But I think Juve were being overrated due to the Ronaldo factor .
Perfectly understandable of course.
I agree with pretty much all youve written on here . Keep it up.😀
moggis
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
2-3 in injury time, that can't be bested in bitterness. Ajax, beating Real and Juventus on the road to Madrid, missed it short before the finish line. PSG and Barca are nothing to this. They get their next chance, Ajax propably don't.
Yes,that’s why that last gasp goal will have been so painful to them .
But of course a few of those players will win the Champions League one day.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (217)
22.77%
The paper was reasonable (428)
44.91%
Not feeling great about that exam... (174)
18.26%
It was TERRIBLE (134)
14.06%

Watched Threads