The Student Room Group

The Classic Rock Society Thread

Scroll to see replies

Abiraleft
Do you guys listen to Wierd Al Yankovich? "All Backstreet boys are gay...."

Thats quite a list. I also heard rumors Aerosmith were planning a new album?

Aerosmith have been planning a new album for years :tongue: but expect a tour in spring from them.

Devel, rumour is Bon Jovi will tour a new album in 2009/2010, European tour starting in Summer 2010 :smile:
Reply 781
Reports keep circulating that Guns N' Roses singer, Axl Rose, is suffering from Anthropophobia.

Basically, that means he's afraid of people.

But, insiders are saying that recently it's gotten worse. And with the release of his Chinese Democracy album you'd think Axl would be out promoting it, but that's not the case.

One source says Axl "has fired his management company, Front Line, three times in four weeks. He hasn't left his Los Angeles home in two months. He won't give interviews, won't do talk shows, or perform - which makes touring or promoting very difficult, obviously."

If that's true is pretty bad, you create the masterpeice that is Chinese Democracy (:wink:) and your not mentally able to promote it.

However, recentley Axl Rose went on two of the most popular GnR fan forums and answered numerous questions. I have no idea if it was actually him but it was either him or someone close to him because I think he would have had to been in touch with the admins.Transcript.
It starts off pretty weird (I still don't know how this happened) but he was there, he confirmed that a music video for Better will be coming soon, he stated that his late performances were something that he has always been like and there is no ideas for a reunion ever.

Highlight transcript from all talks.
Reply 782
He did it again on another forum

It is actually a pretty good idea, he has had a history with the press changing his words and with this its straight out there not having journalists tamper with it.
Reply 783
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7791191.stm

Thought i would post this. U2 are having a new album around March next year. Never been a fan of U2 myself and don't see the fuss but i know loads of people love them so thought i would post it anyway!
Reply 784
Yeah! U2 have delivered with almost all their albums so I can't wait.
Reply 785
I'm really really loving Black Sabbath atm (Dio).

Lady Eeeevil....
Reply 786
Aha nice :p:

Thanks for keeping us up to date dev and ben :wink:

Look in the spoiler in my sig for something else awesome :p:
Reply 787
Brilliant! :biggrin: Which one are you going to?
Reply 788
Dont know yet! Wherever I can get tickets for lol.

Merry Christmas all! :biggrin:

Anyone get any good music for crimbo? aha

I gots me Gary Moore's new album - tis good =]
And also finally got Chinese Democracy in CD format :p:

[=
Classic Rock-wise i got:

The Traveling Wilburys - Vol 1
The Rolling Stones - Bridges of Babylon
Reply 790
Priest Feast, nice! I'm going to the Wembley show, can't wait!
Reply 791
:biggrin: Nice.

Was watching a thing yesterday on (VH1? If not it was probably TMF) - supposedly ACDC's top 10 songs of all time.

But they didn't include A Whole Lotta Rosie, and I think they had You Shook Me All Night Long as No.1 :eek:

And I realized watching that just how much better Bon Scott was than Brian is :s-smilie:
Reply 792
uthred50
:biggrin: Nice.

Was watching a thing yesterday on (VH1? If not it was probably TMF) - supposedly ACDC's top 10 songs of all time.

But they didn't include A Whole Lotta Rosie, and I think they had You Shook Me All Night Long as No.1 :eek:

And I realized watching that just how much better Bon Scott was than Brian is :s-smilie:

Shocking, Whole Lotta Rosie is a definite top 10er, my number 1! Shook Me All Night Long is one of my favourites but not their best! Bon Scott is a hell of a lot better than Brian Johnson (apart from Back In Black which was equal and For Those About to Rock which was pretty good) on the whole!
Reply 793
I got:
Jimi Hendrix - Blues stuff
Iggy Pop - Beat 'em up (Just wanted to know what he sounded like).

Uth - I thought you wanted to show us that because you were going. :p:
Reply 794
Abiraleft
I got:
Jimi Hendrix - Blues stuff
Iggy Pop - Beat 'em up (Just wanted to know what he sounded like).

Uth - I thought you wanted to show us that because you were going. :p:

Nice :biggrin:

Yeh I will be going (if i can afford it) :p: Although I am more of an old-school priest fan to be honest, I prefer the British steel kinda stuff like this:

:biggrin:
Reply 795
I'm thinking of learning a little guitar, btw, some baselines... (Knocking on Heaven's Door (Clapton), D'yer M'aker, Miss You in a Heartbeat)

Looks good, will listen to it later.
Reply 796
New Springsteen album is amazing, not sure if anyone here is a fan but it is great.

:awesome:
i'm a fan! but im waiting for cd, ive heard lucky day and working on a dream though which i like :biggrin:

the boss is a legend!
Reply 798
Joe_Russell
i'm a fan! but im waiting for cd, ive heard lucky day and working on a dream though which i like :biggrin:

the boss is a legend!

His albums have always been at the same standard which is pretty incredible (I think he has 16 done to date), there are never no obvious fillers and there are some real gems in the mix.

Favourites:
Thunder Road
The Rising
My City Of Ruins
Brilliant Disguise
Ghost Of Tom Joad
Dancing In The Dark
Tougher Than The Rest
Better Days
my favourites are:

Blinded By The Light
Growin' Up
For You
Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
Born To Run
Jungleland
Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
Dancing In The Dark
Glory Days

My favourite album is Greetings From Asbury Park N.J, in my opinion every track is amazing! the guy is just a genius, i saw him last may and it was one of the best gigs ive ever seen! just bought glasto tickets because of a rumour he'll be there :tongue:

have you seen his many duets with Jon Bon Jovi? there pretty good mates and tend to duet quite a bit (when there tours cross paths) Jon joined bruce in Dallas last year to sing Glory Days, it was pretty good, check it out...http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=InJpuXMTDC4 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest