And Magic Carpet Ride...

Even more so, I dare add.
Reply 81
Wow, this soc. rocks :biggrin:

I even got a P.M. when I got accepted :badger:
Reply 82
Hey there :smile:

Soo i think as a new member we should know a lil bit about your music! :cool:

What Classic rock bands/artists do you like?

uth =]
Reply 83
uthred50
Hey there :smile:

Soo i think as a new member we should know a lil bit about your music! :cool:

What Classic rock bands/artists do you like?

uth =]

Aerosmith, Alice Cooper, Def Leppard, Twisted Sister, Rush, James (sorta classic rock), Metallica and much, much more folks :smile:
Reply 84
Awesome 15 members now. :smile:
I'm currently hooked on the new Coldplay song Viva La Vida (Bring on the hate :biggrin:).
I was wondering who people think are the greatest band of all time, you can base it around anything you choose (personal,band reputation ect). Although my all time favourite band is Bon Jovi, I would say the best band of all time is the Rolling Stones, they've been active for roughly 46 years, over 200 million albums sold, best selling tour of all time and their into their sixties! Rock and Roll is the Stones. :biggrin:
Reply 85
Ok I know its now a little old but here goes: afc's top 5 fav guitarists...

1. Stevie Ray Vaughn - best guitarist ever technically but also my favourite, very blues orientated
2. Jimmy Page - Just everything, Zep are my fav band so here he is
3. Jimmy Hendrix - Burning of the midnight lamp, Machine Gun and all sorts of drug influenced genius
4.Dennis Greaves - He's from a band called Nine Below Zero which are a little known blues band - he's one of my favourites as I've seen them quite a lot and he's great)
5.'Little Angus' Young - so much fun to listen to, even better live

I know its not classic necessarily but the Foo's are playing Wembley this weekend to over 80,000 people - that must have been quality...
Reply 86
Devel
Awesome 15 members now. :smile:
I'm currently hooked on the new Coldplay song Viva La Vida (Bring on the hate :biggrin:).
I was wondering who people think are the greatest band of all time, you can base it around anything you choose (personal,band reputation ect). Although my all time favourite band is Bon Jovi, I would say the best band of all time is the Rolling Stones, they've been active for roughly 46 years, over 200 million albums sold, best selling tour of all time and their into their sixties! Rock and Roll is the Stones. :biggrin:

The Beatles ftw :biggrin:
Reply 87
Zep are my favourite and stake a big claim to be the no.1, but yeah I agree it has to be the Stones - they played before a million people in Rio, amazing
Reply 88
I'd say the Foo Fighters are classic, I mean they are a rock and roll band at heart.

The Beatles were amazing but a little too commercial for me, they were technically the Take That of the 60's, dont get me wrong they wrote some of the greatest hits ever and sold into a billion records but well, I dont know what to say really :biggrin:, they were just so good and at the same time so sellable:wink:.

Love the list AFC, Ray Vaughn in amazing, I love Texas Flood and his Hendrix covers but he always adds his own little touch.
Reply 89
QUEEN
-sold estimated 300 million records worldwide :cool:
- they rock the planet :biggrin:
Reply 90
I can't help but totally disagree with you on the Queen front lol!

Did anyone see Shine a Light while it was out (the Stones film with Scorsese)? It was amaaaaazing...
Reply 91
Did anyone just see the Queen concert on TMF?
Man i wish i was alive to have gone to that :frown:
Reply 92
uthred50
Did anyone just see the Queen concert on TMF?
Man i wish i was alive to have gone to that :frown:

I watched some of it but I've watched the clips over and over on youtube :biggrin:.
Queen are the most emotion filled classic rock band I know, I mean when you listen to 'who wants to live forever' and 'these are the days of our lives' it hits you because hes not alive :frown:.

I missed the Shine A Light film but it will come out on DvD surely so ill make sure I get it then.
Reply 93
We've had 5 new members i believe today :smile:
More classic rockin' people to join our discussions :biggrin:

Hey i was listening to the Battle Of Evermore eariler again. I forgot how much i like that song. One of my led zeppelin faves methinks :wink:
Reply 94
Oh war is the common cry, Pick up your swords and fly.
The sky is filled with good and bad that mortals never know :biggrin:

Battle of Evermore is really good on the No Quarter stuff that Page and Plant did in 94 uthred - search it on youtube uthred, its nice.

I saw some of the Queen film on TMF, must have been great to be there - Shine a Light comes so highly recommended by me to everyone here. It shows exactly what the Stones are about even at fossil age. When they're laughing at Bill Clinton without him knowing it makes me laugh every time...

5 new people! - granted I am one but still impressive
Reply 95
I have to say, I think Zeppelin are much better than the Stones. My favorite song is Stairway to Heaven.
Reply 96
Not the best band ever, but I think the Datsuns are pretty damn awesome.
Reply 97
hmm...
Richie Blackmore is still going too, the guitarist of Rainbow, Deep Purple etc.
He's doing medieval renaisance music now with his wife :eek:

No actually it's quite good, i saw them in concert a while back :p:
But we shouldn't discuss that here - it's not classic rock any more :biggrin:

I had a really cool dream not so long back i was playing guitar alongside angus young on stage :cool: aha.
Speaking of dreaming, I'm off. Cy'all
uth =]
Reply 98
Hmm...never heard of them.
Reply 99
Scorpions anyone?
I think they're damn good to be honest :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest