The Student Room Group

The Classic Rock Society Thread

Scroll to see replies

Damn, when is Twisted Sister going to do a REAL European tour? I'd so like to see them live...
Reply 981
Who? Talk CLASSIC Rock please.
Abiraleft
Who? Talk CLASSIC Rock please.

Ok...

Damn, when is KISS going to do another European tour? I'd so like to see them live...
Reply 983
benmh92
Looking forward to this Aerosmith album. Do you know when we can expect to see it?

Tour starts in June and they said it will probably not be done before then so depending on how long the tour actually is either late 2009 or early 2010.

bansheeee*
i love jimi hendrix! Syd Barrett :love:

The Wind Cries Mary is amazing. Listen to the live concerts if you want to hear just outstanding performances is, the studio work is all good but live he was just incredible.

RabbitCFH
Damn, when is Twisted Sister going to do a REAL European tour? I'd so like to see them live...

They are meant to be doing another album this year so possibly this year.

RabbitCFH
Ok...
Damn, when is KISS going to do another European tour? I'd so like to see them live...

I think they are starting North America pretty soon.

Paul Stanley announced on April 7th, 2009 in Chile, South America that Kiss would launch the "first ever fan-routed tour" for the North American portion of the tour in which members of their website, the Kiss Army, would vote on the cities that they would like to see Kiss perform. The tour stops will be determined by the number of votes for each city.

Kiss Video Tour Details
Devel
I think they are starting North America pretty soon.

Kiss Video Tour Details

Yeah, I know. Hope they're gonna do a European tour this or next year.
Reply 985
Gutted that Thunder are splitting up. Ordered their greatest hits though!!
Reply 986
"Oh Yeah" - Chickenfoot (Joe Satriani, Chad Smith, Michael Anthony, Sammy Hagar)

Reply 987
Oooh, that's not bad is it? :tongue:

Nice chugging riff as well. Good stuff.
Reply 988
Jimi Hendrix - Like A Rolling Stone

Great track from an amazing show, if you don't have it check out the Jimi Plays Monterey live album.
Reply 989
I'm really getting into Gary Moore atm. I have the cassette version of 'After the War' - it is so awesome!
Reply 990
Good Stuff Dev =]

Abiral - Gary absolutely rules. :biggrin:
I know his latest album off by heart - very powerful blues.

If you haven't already check out the old classics such as:
-Parisienne Walkways
-Still Got The Blues
-Over The Hills And Far Away
-Walking By Myself

And look at the 'Still Got The Blues' album as well as 'Bad For You Baby' if you like his screaming & feeling blues :smile:

I'm going to see the man himself next Wednesday as it happens, right on my birthday as well :biggrin:

Here's a lil' live footage of SGTB:

Reply 991
:eek: I am SO envious!
I think 'After the War' was his last rock/metal album, before he got into the blues.
Yeah, I've heard 'Still Got the Blues', but not the others.... Isn't 'Over the Hills and Far Away' a Zeppelin song (Houses of the Holy)? It is... I've also heard an 'Over the Hills and Far Away' by Sonata Arctica, but they're not really classic rock, so I doubt you mean them...
I heard/saw a live improvised solo by him on the song 'Empty Rooms' on YouTube, dubbed his best solo ever. How do you post just the videos like the above?
Reply 992
Abiraleft
:eek: I am SO envious!
I think 'After the War' was his last rock/metal album, before he got into the blues.
Yeah, I've heard 'Still Got the Blues', but not the others.... Isn't 'Over the Hills and Far Away' a Zeppelin song (Houses of the Holy)? It is... I've also heard an 'Over the Hills and Far Away' by Sonata Arctica, but they're not really classic rock, so I doubt you mean them...
I heard/saw a live improvised solo by him on the song 'Empty Rooms' on YouTube, dubbed his best solo ever. How do you post just the videos like the above?

Quote any post with a video in and just look at how its done. :yes:
Reply 993
uthred50
New singer there dev? Don't recognize that guy :/

Thought I would answer it in here.

Videos of The Zoo (New Singers Band) performing cover songs by Journey, Survivor, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, Air Supply, The Eagles, Kenny Loggins and other popular acts from the 70s, 80s and 90s, began appearing on YouTube.com in February 2007. On June 28, 2007, Neal Schon of Journey contacted Noel Gomez, a longtime fan and friend of Pineda who uploaded many of these videos, to ask for Pineda's contact information. Schon sent an e-mail to Pineda inviting the latter to audition for Journey. Pineda initially dismissed the e-mail as a hoax, but after being persuaded by Gomez, he finally replied to Schon's e-mail. Ten minutes later, Pineda received a phone call from Schon. On August 12, Pineda, along with his manager Bert de Leon, flew to Marin County, just north of San Francisco, for a two-day audition. The star-struck Pineda was welcomed warmly but he described the audition as "nerve-wracking, tense On December 5, 2007, Pineda was announced as the lead singer of Journey. CNN Headline News ran the story as part of their "News to Me" segment.

Pineda debuted as the lead singer of Journey on February 21, 2008 at the Viña del Mar International Song Festival held at the Quinta Vergara Amphitheater in Viña del Mar, Chile. Videos of the Vina del Mar performance are available at the Festival's home page and on YouTube.
Reply 994
Ooh I see.
He's good :smile:

Thanks for the info =]
Reply 995
All right, lets see if this works...

Gary Moore, solo off 'Empty Rooms', 1987.

Yes! Excellent, thanks Dev.
Reply 996
Funnily enough, I share the same birthday as Richie Sambora!
Pearl Jam to play the O2, can't ******* wait if I get tickets!

2 U2 shows and PJ all in the same week, awesome, if I find one more gig in the same week it'll be the best musical week ever, shame The Boss isn;t playing that week!
Reply 999
Clubber Lang
Pearl Jam to play the O2, can't ******* wait if I get tickets!

2 U2 shows and PJ all in the same week, awesome, if I find one more gig in the same week it'll be the best musical week ever, shame The Boss isn;t playing that week!

Are they recording a new album?

Quick Reply

Latest