The Student Room Group

Can I get a Training Contract at a Law Firm without A-Levels but whilst doing anOULLB

Hi,
So due to unforeseen and personal circumstances, I only did 1 year at sixth form after which I had to leave and get a job, leaving my A-Levels undone. I am now 19, doing my OU Law Degree and am coming towards the end of my first year. My question is that when the time comes, is it impossible for me to get a training contract at a law firm without any A-Levels, but whilst studying my Law Degree?

I really would appreciate any help and advice.

Thanks
Original post by UmerOgga
Hi,
So due to unforeseen and personal circumstances, I only did 1 year at sixth form after which I had to leave and get a job, leaving my A-Levels undone. I am now 19, doing my OU Law Degree and am coming towards the end of my first year. My question is that when the time comes, is it impossible for me to get a training contract at a law firm without any A-Levels, but whilst studying my Law Degree?

I really would appreciate any help and advice.

Thanks

It is up to the firm. The answer would be in theory yes, but you need to make sure your grades are very good, target the type of firm you apply to realistically and make sure the rest of your application is up to scratch.

Some Law firms do specify A levels. You can ask but its less likely they will consider you. There are many hundreds of firms though, so work hard, do your research and be realistic. law is very competitive and their is a saturation of capable graduates.
Reply 2
Thanks for the advice mate. Appreciate it.
Original post by 999tigger
It is up to the firm. The answer would be in theory yes, but you need to make sure your grades are very good, target the type of firm you apply to realistically and make sure the rest of your application is up to scratch.

Some Law firms do specify A levels. You can ask but its less likely they will consider you. There are many hundreds of firms though, so work hard, do your research and be realistic. law is very competitive and their is a saturation of capable graduates.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending