?
Report 2 weeks ago
there is a youtube of his lecture:

Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Perhaps this gentleman should be subjected to a chi-squared test to find out what shape he is in, or, indeed, whether he himself is a null hypothesis.
katf
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Surely they have some nice psychiatry professors at Oxford who can have a chat with him and get him some help. He's clearly in need of it.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Lmao.
It seems London is at risk of losing its monopoly on hosting all the crazies Broadmoor and LA don't want.
looloo2134
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
He sounds fun I'd like to meet him
z-hog
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I've been much more sceptical of this stuff in the past than these days, there's a lot going on that looks out of this world. Would have watched the vid weren't it for a spelling mistake in the title, shows it can only be taken that seriously. Still, an interesting topic.
Baron of Sealand
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by mnot)
Had a look into this professor (yes he actually got professorship). He has no expertise, on physics or bio-sciences. But studies Korean language, culture & religion.
https://www.orinst.ox.ac.uk/people/young-hae-chi

I think we can put this guy in the arts/social science/humanities looneys who needs to leave STEM to STEM researchers...
How do you see from this page that he actually got professorship?

He's a Korean instructor, literally just a language teacher. He has no chance of ever becoming a professor unless he actually changes his job and be a lecturer and then a fellow (and then a long, long to go after that).
Baron of Sealand
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
He's not a professor. He's an instructor in the Korean language. Literally just a language teacher. Not even on the same stream to becoming a professor. He's only a "professor" in the US sense that anyone who teaches anything at any university is a "professor".

I have no idea why OxStu calls him a professor, but it's obvious that he isn't one, and they didn't use it as an honorific for him either, something they would've done had he been an actual professor.
mnot
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by The Champion.m4a)
How do you see from this page that he actually got professorship?

He's a Korean instructor, literally just a language teacher. He has no chance of ever becoming a professor unless he actually changes his job and be a lecturer and then a fellow (and then a long, long to go after that).
No your right, it was on the article by TheOxfordStudent where he was declared a Professor.
Yea, keeping him as far away from research as possible is definitely a good thing, what's more amazing is he got a gig as an after dinner speaker.
CoolCavy
  • Chat Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Well at least now i stand a chance of getting a girlfriend :rofl:
Themysticalegg
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Bravo you go gurl! Shake that conspiracy! :congrats:
Baron of Sealand
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by mnot)
No your right, it was on the article by TheOxfordStudent where he was declared a Professor.
Yea, keeping him as far away from research as possible is definitely a good thing, what's more amazing is he got a gig as an after dinner speaker.
All sorts of people get that
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by mnot)
Had a look into this professor (yes he actually got professorship). He has no expertise, on physics or bio-sciences. But studies Korean language, culture & religion.
https://www.orinst.ox.ac.uk/people/young-hae-chi

I think we can put this guy in the arts/social science/humanities looneys who needs to leave STEM to STEM researchers...
It's a little surprising perhaps to see him distinguished by the title 'Oxford professor', but live and let live.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by The Champion.m4a)
He's not a professor. He's an instructor in the Korean language. Literally just a language teacher. Not even on the same stream to becoming a professor. He's only a "professor" in the US sense that anyone who teaches anything at any university is a "professor".

I have no idea why OxStu calls him a professor, but it's obvious that he isn't one, and they didn't use it as an honorific for him either, something they would've done had he been an actual professor.
I can confirm that I have recently been elevated to the position of Oxford Professor of Student Roomness. I share this title on a day/night rotation basis with nulli tertius who also acts as my legal advisor and will pursue anyone with wild litigation threats who alleges that I do not hold this lofty title, to which the Tab recently appointed me.

I am happy as Oxford Professor of Modern Student-iness to confirm that aliens are communicating with me via my teeth, which they have duplicated in an AI construct called 'Poppy'.
z-hog
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Who the hell started this conversation, the mere fact that we're having it shows how well this dude pulls his strings. Well done to him.
Baron of Sealand
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
I can confirm that I have recently been elevated to the position of Oxford Professor of Student Roomness. I share this title on a day/night rotation basis with nulli tertius who also acts as my legal advisor and will pursue anyone with wild litigation threats who alleges that I do not hold this lofty title, to which the Tab recently appointed me.

I am happy as Oxford Professor of Modern Student-iness to confirm that aliens are communicating with me via my teeth, which they have duplicated in an AI construct called 'Poppy'.
If The Tab appointed you, that's a WHOLE different story. This one was merely appointed by the lowly OxStu, not the one will millions of online readership.
z-hog
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Losing your virginity is supposed to be memorable. Most people look back on the act with affection and, probably, a little embarrassment. But David Huggins says the first time he had sex was more—er, out of this world—than most.

“When I was 17, I lost my virginity to a female extraterrestrial,” the 74-year-old says in a documentary about him called Love and Saucers. “That’s all I can say about it.”

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/a...as-with-aliens
BenK64
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Venhar)
Hello guys! Im from Kosovo! I would like to enjoy the conversation!
Mirëdita! I'm going to Kosovo this June
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has 2019 been so far?

Amazing!!! (38)
5.66%
Fairly positive (222)
33.08%
Just another year... (265)
39.49%
Is it 2020 yet? (146)
21.76%

Watched Threads