The Student Room Group

Anxiety SO bad can't go into uni, talk to anyone or work?

i've always had anxiety but in final year it has skyrocketed i feel out of control, to the point where i cannot go into the classrooms anymore i can't look at classmates or tutors in the eye even when walking past, i wait for hours for a tutorial or stay up all night working and wake up extra early out of anxiety to attend them, but once there I get hit with more anxiety and leave before they start. Other students looking at my papers or laptop or hearing me speak i avoid. I feel like im going crazy, everyone just stares at me like im weird and the tutors think I'm lazy and stupid. I can't sit in the library because there are too many people around, can't go to studio workshop because theyll look at my work and judge it. i arranged a tutorial with a teacher via email because i was so behind (ditched his seminars because i couldnt catch up with work) he was running late with another student, table was full of waiting students and looking at each others stuff i said can i move mine till the end hoping everyone would be gone by then, but maybe they won't. It's later today i dont know if i should go back.

I waste entire days flapping and flaking like this and my work is really suffering then i feel guilt and shame for being such a **** student in my FINAL YEAR. Any advice please??? I am on uni and NHS waiting lists for a counsellor i can't do much else to control these feelings right now. Got no friends and family not around

Quick Reply