The Student Room Group

Changing Uni and Course - What happens with student finance!!!

Hi everyone!

I'm currently a student at Royal Holloway, UoL studying Politics & International Relations. I should be in my second year, however I deferred because I really wasn't enjoying it. I was entirely self funded during this, and had not taken out any student finance.

I now want to go to Roehampton to study Journalism, and to do so, I'll need to take out a student loan for tuition and maintenance. Does anyone know if or how having studied 1.5 years self funded would affect my student finance?

Thanks!! :smile:
Original post by Willynics
Hi everyone!

I'm currently a student at Royal Holloway, UoL studying Politics & International Relations. I should be in my second year, however I deferred because I really wasn't enjoying it. I was entirely self funded during this, and had not taken out any student finance.

I now want to go to Roehampton to study Journalism, and to do so, I'll need to take out a student loan for tuition and maintenance. Does anyone know if or how having studied 1.5 years self funded would affect my student finance?

Thanks!! :smile:

yes they count self funding, you'll need to check but you may just get the 2 years funding.
Why weren’t you enjoying the course? I only ask because I’m hoping to go to royal holloway in September to do the same course as you. Sorry this doesn’t answer your question😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending