The Student Room Group

Zinery

I am just wondering if anyone can tell me why you need a blood test when using the acne cream zineryt? Do I have anything to worry about?
Original post by ebonylunn
I am just wondering if anyone can tell me why you need a blood test when using the acne cream zineryt? Do I have anything to worry about?

Ask your doctor why they want you to have a blood test.
Original post by ebonylunn

Zineryt you wouldnt need blood tests for. You would however need a blood test for products containing isotretinoin (so isotrex or roaccutane products for example) and that is because isotretinoin can have an adverse effect on female fertility and foetal development (generally speaking, it is banned in teenagers or adult women of childbearing potential unless proper pregnancy prevention measures are taken).

Zineryt in contrast is literally a combination of Zinc, erythromycin (a common antibiotic that is prescribed in people with penicillin allergies) and some alcohol-based liquid. Generally speaking, you do not require blood tests whilst using it but double check with your GP (good chance they have either mixed up medication recommendations or are considering putting you on isotretinoin). If it is neither of them, I would be interested in finding out why they require a bloodtest.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply