Firm and Insurance for Medicine HELP!!!! Watch

AA222
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I need to firm and insure on UCAS today but I have no idea what to do. I'm going to firm St Georges (Med) as I want to stay in London, but I'm confused on what to choose as my Insurance. I can either choose Leicester Uni for medicine or pharmacy at King's College as my insurance choices. Leicester and St Georges both require AAA, but Leicester may be lenient if I miss my grades on results day and still accept me, and I will still end up doing Med.On the other hand Pharmacy at King's requires AAB, and would mean that I wouldn't have to take a gap year if I miss my medicine offer, but I've heard it's an extremely difficult degree and I don't know how motivated I would be to finish it. Please help me choose??
Last edited by AA222; 2 months ago
AA222
Rep:
?
I need to firm and insure on UCAS today but I have no idea what to do. I'm going to firm St Georges (Med) as I want to stay in London, but I'm confused on what to choose as my Insurance. I can either choose Leicester Uni for medicine or pharmacy at King's College as my insurance choices. Leicester and St Georges both require AAA, but Leicester may be lenient if I miss my grades on results day and still accept me, and I will still end up doing Med.On the other hand Pharmacy at King's requires AAB, and would mean that I wouldn't have to take a gap year if I miss my medicine offer, but I've heard it's an extremely difficult degree and I don't know how motivated I would be to finish it. Please help me choose??
Pharmacology
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Would you be happy studying pharmacy?
AA222
Rep:
?
I think so...not as happy as I would be for medicine though. I don't want to move out which is also a factor that's putting me off Leicester whereas Pharmacy at King's is in London so I wouldn't have to move out.
Pharmacology
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by AA222)
I think so...not as happy as I would be for medicine though. I don't want to move out which is also a factor that's putting me off Leicester whereas Pharmacy at King's is in London so I wouldn't have to move out.
Remember that this is a decision that will affect the rest of your life - I knew a few people during my first degree who had “settled” for pharmacy and were pretty unhappy. Moving out is something quite inconsequential in the long run.
Last edited by Pharmacology; 2 months ago
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by AA222)
I'd choose Leicester as my insurance. If in the event, you miss your grades - you'd do better to consider the various courses on clearing or take a year out.
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Insure Leicester - its a great Uni and you are right that they are more likely to accept you as a near-miss in August.

(Your patients will never ask which Uni you went to, and your NHS employers will not care either.)
AA222
Rep:
?
Thank you, everyone! So I've decided to firm St Georges and put down Leicester as my insurance.
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Nice one :fluffy: You must be so excited! Work hard
(Original post by AA222)
Thank you, everyone! So I've decided to firm St Georges and put down Leicester as my insurance.
Pharmacology
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Smash those exams! 👌🏻
JSC08
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by AA222)
Don't worry if you end up having to take a gap year! You can use it wisely and start university feeling more confident and prepared. If your heart is set on Medicine then you should absolutely go for it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby