What shall I do - finish access course or go straight to uni?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have completed my A-levels and now want to further my education. I am interested in studying biomedical sciences or neuroscience. I have nearly completed an Access to Science course but fell ill and thus could not complete the course. I was hoping to study neuroscience after this but could not as I went into hospital.

I am wondering whether I should complete the access course or go straight to uni? The other alternative is to study biological sciences for industry at college. This is an undergraduate level course. Is a degree from university have the same prospects as a degree from a college?
amal29
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Complete the course first, it'll remain an asset. You don't want to leave a degree midway.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by amal29)
Complete the course first, it'll remain an asset. You don't want to leave a degree midway.
It’s not a degree it is an access to higher education course.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've edited your thread title to make your question clearer.
amal29
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
go to uni then
It’s not a degree it is an access to higher education course.
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have completed my A-levels and now want to further my education. I am interested in studying biomedical sciences or neuroscience. I have nearly completed an Access to Science course but fell ill and thus could not complete the course. I was hoping to study neuroscience after this but could not as I went into hospital.

I am wondering whether I should complete the access course or go straight to uni? The other alternative is to study biological sciences for industry at college. This is an undergraduate level course. Is a degree from university have the same prospects as a degree from a college?
Hello

I would say to check with the university you wish to study at, to see if your previous qualifications would be enough to get you on to your desired Neuroscience course. If not then it may be best recommended, if possible, to complete the access course if this will gain you entry on to the degree course.

I hope this helps,
Tom
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (220)
43.65%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (57)
11.31%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.74%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (106)
21.03%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (55)
10.91%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.36%

Watched Threads