Do these a levels sound ok to do law

Watch this thread
username3787036
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
1. English literature, history and sociology
2. English literature, history and psychology
3. English literature, history and government and politics
Which option sounds the best for law
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Any of 'em.
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I'd say 3 because the gov and politics will teach you about the legislative process etc. but all of them are really good.
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I’d say 3, history and politics overlap A LOT and it’s seen as a good combination, not a bad one even though it’s like doing business and economics. The skills are all very transferable. Psychology requires many more skills such as data handling, I think sociology would too, and they’re not recognised for this. People won’t see “oh A-level psychology? He/she must be good at data handling”

Government and politics will also give you a good basic understanding of the legal system and give a good look into notable UK and US cases, you’ll have a good understanding of the UK constitution and your future law studies will be thankful.
Last edited by 3121; 3 years ago
Notoriety
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
People saying 3. The type of basic legal info contained in Govt & Pol is so basic it could be learnt from a 3-second Google. To think it provides a meaningful benefit compared to the rest is just not true.
Reality Check
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
The best option is the one you're most likely to get A*AA in, or pretty near.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (16)
28.57%
Take a gap year (14)
25%
Resit my exams (9)
16.07%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (7)
12.5%
I don't know yet (7)
12.5%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
5.36%

Watched Threads