The Student Room Group

Random women offered to buy me school shoes

Hi on my way to school this morning at the bus stop this women who Always gets on the same bus as me offerd to buy me a new pair of black lace up plimsolls as she said mine are a bit tatty I wear them as school shoes.

I said it’s ok but no thanks. I have been thinking about it all day though has anyone else had a situation like this ??.

My plimsolls are still ok at the minute and there only £3 so my mum always gives me money to get new ones when I need them.

My school has a jumper and polo style uniform and they allow plimsolls as school shoes quite a lot of us wear them.
I would forget about it - they were either just being nice or jokey. As a suggestion though - you can get good quality school shoes from Asda for around £8....mine have lasted me since June so far. Would recommend. Even if they do buy you shoes - it's not the end of the world, just politely decline their offer :smile:
I'd have been offended if a stranger said that to me.
I think that was very nice of her, to offer to buy you new plimsolls, I used to wear black lace up plimsolls as school shoe's too, One day the whole sole came away on one of them, One of the teachers found me some from the school stock they weren't new but they fitted really well and she said I could have them, I wasn't keen on keeping them as they were the girlish slip on plimsolls and had the name Janet biroed in them and I got teased by the other boys in my class for wearing them, but after that I always got slip on's
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending