The Student Room Group

GCSE, contagious and ill!

So i have just been diagnosed with an illness that could take up to 7 weeks before I am no longer contagious, my first exam is on thursday! What am i meant to do??
****kkkk I would not want to be you rn, maybe talk to a teacher?
Reply 2
What illness is it? Have you told your doctor this and what have they advised? You need to contact your school urgently
Original post by GSCEstudent
So i have just been diagnosed with an illness that could take up to 7 weeks before I am no longer contagious, my first exam is on thursday! What am i meant to do??
Reply 3
talk to your head of year as pupils who are sick or something, may have a separate room to do there exams in.

Urgently contact your school
just come to school and pretend nothing has happend however it will not effect your attendance
Reply 6

Quarntine urself. Die if necessary.
Reply 7
last resort look
Original post by NotTfue
Quarntine urself. Die if necessary.
If your only problem is that you could possibly infect other people in the exam hall (unless you’re also extremely ill and unable to take the exams) take a note from your doctor to the head of year and they should organise a separate room for just you and one examiner for each of your exams. That’s what they did for one of my friends who was suffering from chicken pox, but it all depends on your school. It’s best to try and ask, most schools will do whatever it takes for you to get your GCSEs completed.
Reply 9
it’s called glandular fever:/
Original post by Jenx301
What illness is it? Have you told your doctor this and what have they advised? You need to contact your school urgently
thankyou everybody for your advice, i’ve had to contact exam boards and the school and they are going to find a way around this all.

Quick Reply

Latest