?
Report 3 weeks ago
Alright that makes me feel better I put niche
rittajmoghal29
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I hope they lower the grade boundaries, overall the whole year found it tough and messy. The teachers don't seem satisfied by the responses and the questions.
(Original post by GreenBannana)
That’s annoying, so to get an A you will need 88/125 assuming it’s 70% to get an A.
rittajmoghal29
Rep:
?
Which ones? Be specific if you are reading from the pics some of them are wrong but I updated the post so hopefully those should be the right answers
(Original post by jeslaurenstewart)
Some of these answers are soooo wrong lmao
charlie0912
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by rittajmoghal29)
Don't even start 😓
I was pleased with my answers for multichoice now I am frustrated. Section 2 was a mess, I hope to get an A I really need it. Come to think of it Section 2 wasn't that horrible as MCQ. But I don't trust myself now 😔
I hope my assignment scores make up for it.
Wow that's great! Congratulations enjoy the moment and I am sure you pass your Bio exam 🤗😊
Are you taking Advanced? I plan on taking Higher 😊😊 What's Higher like?
everyone always doubts their answers when coming out of an exam so I wouldn’t sweat it, you’ll get your A and i might be taking advanced higher, i planned on it but its really chemistry heavy so i’m not sure if it’s the best of ideas. Higher biology isn’t actually that bad. I enjoyed it more than nat 5 but the problem solving can be really tough and some questions are unclear, and there’s a lot you need to know. It seems daunting at the start but the closer you get to the exam it’ll become more and more simple. There’s also essay questions at higher
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
rittajmoghal29
Rep:
?
I hope I do.
Well are the essay questions worth 4 marks as well? The one thing I liked about today's exam were the mini essay questions, it was so easy.
Best of luck for your choices? What are you planning to pursue in? ☺

(Original post by charlie0912)
everyone always doubts their answers when coming out of an exam so I wouldn’t sweat it, you’ll get your A and i might be taking advanced higher, i planned on it but its really chemistry heavy so i’m not sure if it’s the best of ideas. Higher biology isn’t actually that bad. I enjoyed it more than nat 5 but the problem solving can be really tough and some questions are unclear, and there’s a lot you need to know. It seems daunting at the start but the closer you get to the exam it’ll become more and more simple. There’s also essay questions at higher
Stressed1290
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
When can u post section 2?
Labrador99
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Stressed1290)
When can u post section 2?
It can be posted as soon as anyone has access to it- I think a couple of people are going to try and get a hold of a copy over the next couple of days
charlie0912
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by rittajmoghal29)
I hope I do.
Well are the essay questions worth 4 marks as well? The one thing I liked about today's exam were the mini essay questions, it was so easy.
Best of luck for your choices? What are you planning to pursue in? ☺
the essay questions fluctuate. four come up in every exam, but you choose between two. so for example, in the exam today question 3 was an essay and you picked between either writing about the electron transport chain or competitive and feedback enzyme inhibition for 4 marks. then the last question in the paper is always an essay and today it was either write notes on the energy captured by photosynthetic pigments for photolysis and the citric acid cycle or write notes on the bottleneck effect and habitat fragmentation for 9 marks each, all stuff you’ll learn next year! and they were actually pretty good. and thank you! i’m not too sure yet, defiantly uni but as far as courses go i’m still very undecided between a few ideas. good luck for results and highers next year
Stressed1290
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Ok thank uu 🙂
(Original post by Labrador99)
It can be posted as soon as anyone has access to it- I think a couple of people are going to try and get a hold of a copy over the next couple of days
evakennedy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
could the paper be posted?? or the actual multiple choice questions
Stressed1290
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It has been posted
(Original post by evakennedy)
could the paper be posted?? or the actual multiple choice questions
Anonymous34556.
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Stressed1290)
It has been posted
It’s been posted
Jw13249
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
For the question about what system produces phagocytes or somthing along those lines would lymphatic system be accepted ??
Willoxl
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Can someone please explain multiple choice question 12
Consequence_CC
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
For that question I put down immune system as that was the only other thing that we got told about alongside the white blood cells and their functions
(Original post by Jw13249)
For the question about what system produces phagocytes or somthing along those lines would lymphatic system be accepted ??
The question asks you to describe the type of variation which would mean the answer will be continuous variation as discrete variation is controlled by a single gene. Polygenic is the type of inheritance and not the type of variation. Heterozygous is when the genotype has 2 different alleles which would also be incorrect.

(Original post by Willoxl)
Can someone please explain multiple choice question 12
jack102
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
immune system should be it, checked the course spec and that's what it said
sophieeeeee.x
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by scottybug12)
For the answer for the process sodium ions move into cells I put diffusion not passive. Do you think they might still accept as it’s still a passive process?
That’s what I put as it said name the process but I didn’t know whether the answer was passive or diffusion
sophieeeeee.x
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by lorrie.ladybug)
I'm pretty sure it's active transport because it talks about ions
True but active transport is against the concentration gradient but the question was down a concentration gradient
Anonymous66676
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Wait...was there a question where we had to draw the direction of potassium ions. I can’t remember doing that, have I missed one out???
Consequence_CC
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You had to draw an arrow showing the movement of the ions, it was near the start of the paper on the questions about membrane transport and such
(Original post by Anonymous66676)
Wait...was there a question where we had to draw the direction of potassium ions. I can’t remember doing that, have I missed one out???
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (402)
30.69%
The paper was reasonable (514)
39.24%
Not feeling great about that exam... (225)
17.18%
It was TERRIBLE (169)
12.9%

Watched Threads