The Student Room Group

Alternative forms of ID

So I'm going to have to hand in my drivers license due to medical reasons for a year or more which means that my only form of photo ID is my passport. I don't really want to go on nights out with my passport so I want to try and get another form of ID but it seems like the PASS IDs aren't usually accepted in clubs and bars from what I've read online. Just wanted to know if there are other alternatives that people can think of or what experiences people have of these other ID cards
There are plenty of valid ID's that can be used but because most bars and clubs are so familiar with people showing up with their drivers license that when someone shows up with anything different they give it a double check.

My best advice would be to buy a new drivers license and explain to them your situation, or ultimately say you have lost it.
This is a tough situation as drivers license is pretty much the go-to standard thing to use.
Carrying your passport around is a nightmare and definitely not worth paying when you lose it...

In all honesty, a passport is the only other thing they would let you get away with.
It may be a case of borrowing a friends ID or, as mentioned, buying a new one if that's applicable.

Tough situation, but I'm sure you'll figure it out!
Hope this helps,
Josh :smile:
Reply 3
Yeah looks like I'm just gonna have to risk the passport, I might just try and keep my license and see if they've noticed I haven't handed it back in but we'll see
Original post by hallamstudents
This is a tough situation as drivers license is pretty much the go-to standard thing to use.
Carrying your passport around is a nightmare and definitely not worth paying when you lose it...

In all honesty, a passport is the only other thing they would let you get away with.
It may be a case of borrowing a friends ID or, as mentioned, buying a new one if that's applicable.

Tough situation, but I'm sure you'll figure it out!
Hope this helps,
Josh :smile:
Reply 4
I know friends who have used PASS IDs, else your gonna have to take your passport.
Original post by Treeshagger
So I'm going to have to hand in my drivers license due to medical reasons for a year or more which means that my only form of photo ID is my passport. I don't really want to go on nights out with my passport so I want to try and get another form of ID but it seems like the PASS IDs aren't usually accepted in clubs and bars from what I've read online. Just wanted to know if there are other alternatives that people can think of or what experiences people have of these other ID cards

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending