Report Thread starter 1 year ago
----
Last edited by RK; 8 months ago
JustOneMoreThing
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This is one of those moments where you come to the realisation to just live your life as who you are and what makes you happy, anything else that tells you that you can't can just **** off.
username1539513
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I appreciate the sentiment, really I do, but I wish it was as simple as that
(Original post by TheNamesBond.)
This is one of those moments where you come to the realisation to just live your life as who you are and what makes you happy, anything else that tells you that you can't can just fu*k off.

Jesus.
username3890778
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
why would you want to stay in a religion that doesn’t accept you for something you can’t change?
username2657095
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey, I’m bi and a Christian so I can sorta understand how you feel. I really hope things get easier for you and that people around you are accepting. I understand how isolating it can feel, but hopefully things will improve for people like us in the future
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why do you subscribe to the version of Christianity which proscribes homosexuality, when there are many high-profile Christian figures who are more than accepting of homosexual relationships and sex.

Also, even if you are gay and celibate, there is no reason to lead a life alone. You could have strong romantic relationships without performing sexualities.
username1539513
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Because the Bible is quite clear that acts of homosexuality are sin.

I have a girlfriend who I’m not sexual with (but whom I still love) but it’s a source of frustration that my faith does not allow me a legitimate sexual outlet, so to speak.

(Original post by Notoriety)
Why do you subscribe to the version of Christianity which proscribes homosexuality, when there are many high-profile Christian figures who are more than accepting of homosexual relationships and sex.

Also, even if you are gay and celibate, there is no reason to lead a life alone. You could have strong romantic relationships without performing sexualities.
JustOneMoreThing
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why isn't it that simple.

Because of Jesus? Because of Religion?

I don't want to make fun of your faith, although I must be honest, I think you restraining yourself like this is the most imbecilic thing you could do, and on top of that, I think your faith is quite frankly, fictional nonsense as I like to say, but let's stop that.

Let me ask you a question.

Do you think it's feasible that Jesus, someone who is the Son of God and also God somehow, someone who cares for you and loves you and died for you would want you, or rather command you not to be happy?

Does that make sense to you?

Why would you want to be part of a religion which discriminates against homosexuals?
username1539513
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks, do you go to church? I can imagine they’re about as accepting as bisexuality as they are about homosexuality
(Original post by byeongkwans)
Hey, I’m bi and a Christian so I can sorta understand how you feel. I really hope things get easier for you and that people around you are accepting. I understand how isolating it can feel, but hopefully things will improve for people like us in the future
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What do you think of the serious theologians of Christian faith who make serious arguments against the notion that homosexual acts are a sin? One of the big ones, obviously, being that Christ did not speak about homosexuality. The line about homosexuality is found in the Old Testament, along with many verses calling for stoning of disobedient children and whatever else. Do you not think there is a New Covenant with God, through the death of Jesus?
username1539513
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I didn’t post here to get into debate about my faith with atheists, although I accept that by the nature of this forum naturally it will attract this kind of discussion. I don’t want to debate about my faith with you. I can’t change it; that’s all I can say
(Original post by TheNamesBond.)
Why isn't it that simple.

Because of Jesus? Because of Religion?

I don't want to make fun of your faith, although I must be honest, I think you restraining yourself like this is the most imbecilic thing you could do, and on top of that, I think your faith is quite frankly, fictional nonsense as I like to say, but let's stop that.

Let me ask you a question.

Do you think it's feasible that Jesus, someone who is the Son of God and also God somehow, someone who cares for you and loves you and died for you would want you, or rather command you not to be happy?

Does that make sense to you?

Why would you want to be part of a religion which discriminates against homosexuals?
username1539513
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The New Testament also condemns same sex sexual acts, multiple times
What do you think of the serious theologians of Christian faith who make serious arguments against the notion that homosexual acts are a sin? One of the big ones, obviously, being that Christ did not speak about homosexuality. The line about homosexuality is found in the Old Testament, along with many verses calling for stoning of disobedient children and whatever else. Do you not think there is a New Covenant with God, through the death of Jesus?
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Where at?
username2657095
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah I do try to attend fairly regularly, my particular church aren’t that anti-lgbt to be fair, they were accepting when a gay trans person wanted to join the congregation. However, I’m not out to anybody there (or my family) I don’t think they’d take it too well
username1539513
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Romans 1:26-27; For this reason, God gave them up to passions of dishonor; for even their females exchanged the natural use for that which is contrary to nature, and likewise also the males, having left the natural use of the female, were inflamed by their lust for one another, males with males, committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the recompense which was fitting for their error.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Where at?
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
afaik there is no mention of Lesbian activities in the New Testament.

:dontknow:
EyestriX
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So you truly believe you're homosexual and that there is no way out of it?

Normally anything in the book is said because it is better for you, not because they want to punish those who follow it
HighFructose
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Are you homosexual who refuses to act out on his lusts? In that case you are actually following commandments because you are not acting upon your thoughts, it could be tricks of Satan trying to make you commit sin.
username1539513
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That’s really nice and probably a lot more accepting than a lot of other churches. What denomination is it? I can understand the reluctance to come out too, my parents didn’t really take it the best way so you have to pick your time to come out wisely
(Original post by byeongkwans)
Yeah I do try to attend fairly regularly, my particular church aren’t that anti-lgbt to be fair, they were accepting when a gay trans person wanted to join the congregation. However, I’m not out to anybody there (or my family) I don’t think they’d take it too well
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Neither of which comes from Jesus, does it?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (99)
13.45%
I'm not sure (32)
4.35%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (230)
31.25%
I have already dropped out (17)
2.31%
I'm not a current university student (358)
48.64%

Watched Threads