The Student Room Group

Do you have life insurance?

Do you have life insurance? (If so/not what age are you?)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeah, via a USS pension.
Reply 2
No but I have Payment protection insurance
Original post by Themysticalegg
Do you have life insurance? (If so/not what age are you?)

What made you decide to get life insurance?
Original post by gjd800
Yeah, via a USS pension.

Sounds good, I’m waiting for my life assurance to kick into place for September but I’m pondering whether I could die between now and September. :colonhash: Reading a contract has made me seriously consider whether I should put extra measures for my inevitable death because until September I leave zilch. :tongue: That being said USS is the University one right?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 5
Sounds good, I’m waiting for my life assurance to kick into place for September but I’m pondering whether I could die between now and September. :colonhash: Reading a contract has made me seriously consider whether I should put extra measures for my inevitable death. :tongue: That being said USS is the University one right?

Haha, yeah, so its value is... tenuous at the moment (but better than it was this time last year!). I pay into 3 pensions but I think once I get more regular hours I'll switch to the USS and a better private one with better life cover.
Original post by FutureMissMRCS
What made you decide to get life insurance?

Reading my job contract made me consider the fact that if I die between now and Sept I leave nothing. Then made me realise I should definitely write my will soon!
Original post by gjd800
Haha, yeah, so its value is... tenuous at the moment (but better than it was this time last year!). I pay into 3 pensions but I think once I get more regular hours I'll switch to the USS and a better private one with better life cover.

Let’s hope we survive as long as possible until better cover comes. 😂😂 :colonhash:
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 8
Let’s hope we survive as long as possible until better cover comes. 😂😂

Haha, fingers crossed!
I pull too many wheelies without a helmet not to.
Original post by Notoriety
I pull too many wheelies without a helmet not to.

I’m actually not surprised, you’ve always been a reckless one!
Reply 11
I cancelled mine after leaving the forces, my main reasoning being that I have nothing outstanding to pay upon death - and no kids/missus that would be affected.
Original post by themysticalegg
do you have life insurance? (if so/not what age are you?)

no..... Why it important
I have death insurance
Nope. Never thought about it.
Depends on your age and whether you have kids/partners/family you would want some form of inheritance paid to in case of death.
Original post by emacsrose
no..... Why it important
Should I have life insurance?
My life isn't worth insuring
Yes, we have joint life insurance. I ve had it since working full time so my husband would have something to pay for my funeral with if the worst happened (I was very fortunate that my dad's brother offered to pay for my dad's funeral as we didn't have anything to pay for it with at the time, all dad had at the time was his private pension which I then used towards a house deposit and our wedding and some family bills growing up but that took six month to get so I ve always been set on being prepared for me dying) .
we got insurance together when we bought our house which will pay off the mortgage and cover our household income for six month if we get any of many serious illnesses. We need to get round to sorting out wills out though.
Original post by CoolCavy
My life isn't worth insuring

You're priceless Cavy! :hugs: (Also really cool! :biggrin:)

Original post by claireestelle
Yes, we have joint life insurance. I ve had it since working full time so my husband would have something to pay for my funeral with if the worst happened (I was very fortunate that my dad's brother offered to pay for my dad's funeral as we didn't have anything to pay for it with at the time, all dad had at the time was his private pension which I then used towards a house deposit and our wedding and some family bills growing up but that took six month to get so I ve always been set on being prepared for me dying) .
we got insurance together when we bought our house which will pay off the mortgage and cover our household income for six month if we get any of many serious illnesses. We need to get round to sorting out wills out though.

Yeah sounds good it's always better to be safe than sorry especially when you have a house! I need to sort out my will too... I don't like the natural order of inheritance. :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending