Feel Guilty After Getting Help On Assignment

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I got help off a friend to help me do my assignment and I ended up getting a decent grade on it. For the past few months I've been feeling so unworthy of being at uni when I see all these other students who probably did everything all alone but I had to get help. I also feel so guilty because of that as well. I want to go to my professor and tell her to give me a 0 on that assignment (even though I put a lot of hard work into it) because I just feel so bad about this. However I dont want her to kick me out of uni for plagiarising - I wish I could just get a 0 on the assignment and have a second chance. It's got to the point where I've wanted to leave university and go somewhere new just to have a clean slate, but I'm already in a housing agreement for next year so I'm just stuck here.

Is it likely they kick me out or make me retake the module because of this? I'm genuinely really sorry about it and just want a second chance. It's not like I'm regretting it after I got caught or anything - they don't know about this.

Any advice anyone? I'm legit demotivated and depressed about final exams now too...
katf
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What sort of help? Proofreading and a couple of pointers or writing chunks for you?
LeapingLucy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just move on. What's done is done and there's no point whatsoever sabotaging your degree over it.

This intense guilt you've clearly been feeling is punishment enough.
username2393237
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Everyone receives help in one form or another. Your anxiety seems to be out of control and you appear to have a low self-esteem. Have you talked to anyone about how you’re feeling? I don’t think the assignment is the problem here. You are worthy or you wouldn’t have received a place.
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What help did you get? Lots of people get help here and there. Just move on and do the other assignments independently.
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It completely depends on what type of help you got.

Plenty of students help eachother with assignments, whether that's, as mentioned, tips for writing...
Whether that's explaining the question...

If they wrote half the assignment for you, or you plagiarised off them, then the guilt is okay - but move on from it.
It isn't the end of the world. If you can pass other assignments without 'cheating', then it's a sure sign you're built for university.

I definitely wouldn't cheat moving forward. It isn't worth being caught out.
Best of luck,
Josh.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (598)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (736)
41.72%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (351)
19.9%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.48%

Watched Threads