?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Pretty self explanatory really.
username4454836
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What game do you have the most hours in?
Lannister043
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What are you planning on doing with your life?
OhGod
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
(Original post by Decahedron)
What game do you have the most hours in?
Currently it’s Vainglory. The game that I’ve put the largest amount of total hours in is probably Pokemon Soul Silver as I played way too much when I was younger.
OhGod
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lannister043)
What are you planning on doing with your life?
I want to go to university to do a degree in film production but I’ll never have the confidence too actually go into the film industry so I’m not sure what I’m going to do
BlinkyBill
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by OhGod)
I want to go to university to do a degree in film production but I’ll never have the confidence too actually go into the film industry so I’m not sure what I’m going to do
Have you done any work experience in the film industry? Lots of unis offer work experience as part of their film courses, and getting experience as a runner would be cool too! If you don't feel enormously confident, have you thought about roles like editor or colourist? I don't know much about it, but have friends who work in the industry. Seems like there's lots of opportunity if it's something you're passionate about.

Also, my question for you - what's your favourite thing to eat for breakfast?
Lannister043
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by OhGod)
Have you applied to uni?
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by OhGod)
You've been NEET for 3 years and your job ideas are still bordering on fantasy.

Don't you think it's time you thought a bit more realistically?
OhGod
Rep:
?
(Original post by BlinkyBill)
Have you done any work experience in the film industry? Lots of unis offer work experience as part of their film courses, and getting experience as a runner would be cool too! If you don't feel enormously confident, have you thought about roles like editor or colourist? I don't know much about it, but have friends who work in the industry. Seems like there's lots of opportunity if it's something you're passionate about.

Also, my question for you - what's your favourite thing to eat for breakfast?
I have done lots of work experience! Although the majority of it was a couple of years ago.

Granola!
(Original post by Lannister043)
Have you applied to uni?
I have an offer to go. Not sure if I want to take it or not.
(Original post by harrysbar)
You've been NEET for 3 years and your job ideas are still bordering on fantasy.

Don't you think it's time you thought a bit more realistically?
Two years. The first year was spent volunteering. This irony is that this is the mentality that made me NEET in the first place. I attended a year long university course in film and ruined it because I thought ‘there’s no jobs in film it’s pointless’ so I didn’t go for the course and hated it.

I then applied for techy related degree courses because I thought it would give me a better chance of a job but I decided not to go because of the maths element of the courses.

I’m sick of everyone telling me to be realistic because I can’t do anything else that isn’t film related. There’s no point in telling someone to do say, an engineering degree because there’s more jobs, when they’ve failed GCSE maths five times (like I have).
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by OhGod)
Two years. The first year was spent volunteering. This irony is that this is the mentality that made me NEET in the first place. I attended a year long university course in film and ruined it because I thought ‘there’s no jobs in film it’s pointless’ so I didn’t go for the course and hated it.

I then applied for techy related degree courses because I thought it would give me a better chance of a job but I decided not to go because of the maths element of the courses.

I’m sick of everyone telling me to be realistic because I can’t do anything else that isn’t film related. There’s no point in telling someone to do say, an engineering degree because there’s more jobs, when they’ve failed GCSE maths five times (like I have).
I wouldn't advise someone who has failed GCSE maths five times to do an engineering degree, that's crazy talk. But you have been NEET for 2 years now and I think it's important that you don't make an expensive mistake with your next course. Think about what your strengths were at school and what subjects are both interesting to you and would be taken seriously by future employers.
OhGod
Rep:
?
I wouldn't advise someone who has failed GCSE maths five times to do an engineering degree, that's crazy talk. But you have been NEET for 2 years now and I think it's important that you don't make an expensive mistake with your next course. Think about what your strengths were at school and what subjects are both interesting to you and would be taken seriously by future employers.
I only have two A - Levels in media and photography. I didn’t enjoy photography so that means doing something media/film related.
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by OhGod)
I only have two A - Levels in media and photography. I didn’t enjoy photography so that means doing something media/film related.
Did you pass maths GCSE in the end or not?
OhGod
Rep:
?
Did you pass maths GCSE in the end or not?
I got it four years ago
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
That's good.

I would have thought something like Media Studies would make you a bit more employable than Film Production (especially since you don't think you will actually ever want to go into the film industry). With media, the courses vary quite a bit but lots of them have business modules that would help you get into a wide of careers such as journalism and marketing in addition to working in TV, radio and so on.
Last edited by harrysbar; 2 years ago
alexenderthomas
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
NCERT Physics Class XI & Class XII.
Concepts of Physics by HC Verma.
Objective Physics by DC Pandey.
Buy Push Scooters of Physics by Halliday, Resnick and Walker.
Pradeep's Fundamental Physics.
BlinkyBill
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Amazing! What's your fave department?

Excellent breakfast choice. Healthy, delicious, all the goodness. I had a little bircher muesli pot this morning. Delightful.

Have you thought about any non-uni film type courses? I think if it's something you love and you're willing to work hard for it, you will be able to make it happen. Just look at the credits at the end of films - hundreds of jobs there.
(Original post by OhGod)
I have done lots of work experience! Although the majority of it was a couple of years ago.

Granola!

I have an offer to go. Not sure if I want to take it or not.

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (5)
8.93%
I need help researching courses (5)
8.93%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
5.36%
I need help with my personal statement (24)
42.86%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (14)
25%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
3.57%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
5.36%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed