Revision Stress Support Thread Watch

entertainmyfaith
  • Study Forum Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago

REVISION STRESS SUPPORT THREAD

hi guys, so i'm aware that many of you are revising for upcoming exams at this point and are hard at work- i think most people can say they'll get upset or too exhausted at one point etc for a variety of reasons, and sometimes we may struggle to cope with these feelings.

so i thought this support thread would be nice to share your experiences and if you have any ways of coping with these lows. i'm hoping we can support one another in this stressful period and help others to feel like they're not alone

just wanted to say here that these exams are not the end of the world- and remember to take breaks!!

extra support resources:
if you need immediate help- https://www.childline.org.uk/
an nhs guide here
Last edited by entertainmyfaith; 3 weeks ago
entertainmyfaith
  • Study Forum Helper
Rep:
?
bump

one thing i do whenever i get stressed during revision is just taking a break from the work; i leave my desk completely and try not to think about it. i might listen to music or watch a (short) episode of a tv show. once i'm feeling in a better state, i go back to my work and try to break it down again.
have you got any of your own methods?
furryface12
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Love this thread! Breathe, and remember that health always comes first- without that you can't do anything. Exams whatever it feels like are not the end of the world, and there is always another way of doing things. We will be okay, all of us
Liverpool Hope University
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey all,

Make sure you are looking after yourself at this busy time! Revision and examinations are important, but so is your physical, mental and emotional health.

Please make sure you are taking breaks!

A thing I always tried and also encourage you to try and so is not to study/work in your bedroom. I know this may not be possible for everybody, but your bedroom should be a place of calm and rest - a place to break away from sources of stress.

On that note, on our Twitter, Facebook and Instagram we will be posting some of our revision top tips tomorrow!

Check us out - Twitter/Instagram: @LiverpoolHopeUK
Facebook: Liverpool Hope University

Good luck everybody! :charm:

Ste :beard:
entertainmyfaith
  • Study Forum Helper
Rep:
?
(Original post by Liverpool Hope University)
A thing I always tried and also encourage you to try and so is not to study/work in your bedroom. I know this may not be possible for everybody, but your bedroom should be a place of calm and rest - a place to break away from sources of stress.
adding onto this:yep: library is always a good place but if you can't avoid working in your bedroom, make sure you don't work on your bed as that's where you sleep and it's better that you don't mesh the two together.
also means you won't have unexpected naps halfway through revision
xxxtentacion..
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Scheduling your time helps too so you know where you are at and what you're doing rather then have your mind all over the place!
entertainmyfaith
  • Study Forum Helper
Rep:
?
(Original post by xxxtentacion..)
Scheduling your time helps too so you know where you are at and what you're doing rather then have your mind all over the place!
even a rough timetable or list really helps:gah::awesome:
Rid The Kid
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
my mom got me some stress/anxiety tablets even though i'm not stressed or have anxiety lol.
clouddbubbles
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
genuinely how much revision did u all do for your gcses (year 12) cause im having panic attacks left right and centre now. not. prepared.
entertainmyfaith
  • Study Forum Helper
Rep:
?
(Original post by I'mComingOxford)
my mom got me some stress/anxiety tablets even though i'm not stressed or have anxiety lol.
i saw you posted something about stress a while ago, hope you're slightly less stressed now?:console:
don't take them if you think you don't need them, i suppose she's looking out for you:yep:
(Original post by clouddbubbles)
genuinely how much revision did u all do for your gcses (year 12) cause im having panic attacks left right and centre now. not. prepared.
re, physics, english lang and computer science- night before.
english lit- not very much as it was my strongest subject.
biology, maths, chemistry, geography- a lot.
business, french- i did a fair bit.

that being said the amount of revision i did didn't equate to the grades i got- a 6 in biology and a 9 in re:lol:
try not to think these exams as the end of the world, because they're honestly not:nah:
as long as you've done your best that's all that matters- i certainly do not recommend overworking yourself.
good luck anya:hugs:
Rid The Kid
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
i saw you posted something about stress a while ago, hope you're slightly less stressed now?:console:
don't take them if you think you don't need them, i suppose she's looking out for you:yep:

that being said the amount of revision i did didn't equate to the grades i got- a 6 in biology and a 9 in re:lol:
try not to think these exams as the end of the world, because they're honestly not:nah:
as long as you've done your best that's all that matters- i certainly do not recommend overworking yourself.
i could be better to be honest. think im gonna call it a day and play something till 10.
i think it might be a bad day, i'll see tmrw
entertainmyfaith
  • Study Forum Helper
Rep:
?
(Original post by I'mComingOxford)
i could be better to be honest. think im gonna call it a day and play something till 10.
i think it might be a bad day, i'll see tmrw
taking some time to rest is a v good idea!
hope you feel better soon, i'm here if you need any support:yep::heart:
good luck w any upcoming exams:rave:
Zoeyyyyyyyy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I LOVE this thread...currently in yr 11 waiting for exams to crush me and most certainly high expectations don't help either
Anyways good luck guys
clouddbubbles
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

hehe I've revised a bit for re but I'm thinking it will definitely be a night before situation for that :yep:
Rizen
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

How did you revise for english lang, CS and physics? I'm not to sure on how to revise for these subjects :/
Rid The Kid
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Zoeyyyyyyyy)
I LOVE this thread...currently in yr 11 waiting for exams to crush me and most certainly high expectations don't help either
Anyways good luck guys
i can't relate more than this
entertainmyfaith
  • Study Forum Helper
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zoeyyyyyyyy)
Anyways good luck guys
:hugs:
best of luck w any exams! do you have any coping methods w stress?
(Original post by clouddbubbles)
hehe I've revised a bit for re but I'm thinking it will definitely be a night before situation for that :yep:
yeah was an easier subject anyway
Liverpool Hope University
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
adding onto this:yep: library is always a good place but if you can't avoid working in your bedroom, make sure you don't work on your bed as that's where you sleep and it's better that you don't mesh the two together.
also means you won't have unexpected naps halfway through revision
That's a good tip But if you wish to reward yourself with naps after finishing revising that's also fine :yeah:
entertainmyfaith
  • Study Forum Helper
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rizen)
How did you revise for english lang, CS and physics? I'm not to sure on how to revise for these subjects :/
english lang- practice q's.
compsci i didn't really revise for, just did a workbook night before.
physics just read over my notes but didn't revise that much for it.
entertainmyfaith
  • Study Forum Helper
Rep:
?
i hope you've all been doing okay today. no one feels like they've worked hard enough so you're not alone- you've worked hard throughout the year so don't punish yourself for it. it'll be okay.

if a certain thing isn't going into your brain, mark it and move onto the next piece of revision. come back to it later with hopefully a less stressed mind.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (386)
26.03%
The paper was reasonable (640)
43.16%
Not feeling great about that exam (294)
19.82%
It was TERRIBLE (163)
10.99%

Watched Threads