teoavr
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
i have an essay for Cultural Studies and I don't quite understand where I should start: ''Describe the sociological and cultural forces within society that both shape and resist the hegemonic forces of science and technology in late modernity. Use modern controversial developments in technology, such as cloning, GM food production or environmental issues etc, in your answer.''
NJA
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Do you understand the words used?
Is there anything about the question you don't understand?
teoavr
Rep:
?
I do understand the words used, I don't know exactly the basis on which I can construct the essay, I would like to concentrate on cloning for example I just don't know how culturally and sociologically it affects society.
Nour M.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You can mention how cloning is frowned upon on in some religions and cultures, and how some people don't really see it as something ethical. Cloning is pretty much a really new branch in science, so you can discuss its implications and how it can affect society. I found this website which I thought was pretty helpful.
(Original post by teoavr)
I do understand the words used, I don't know exactly the basis on which I can construct the essay, I would like to concentrate on cloning for example I just don't know how culturally and sociologically it affects society.
teoavr
Rep:
?
thank you !
(Original post by Nour M.)
You can mention how cloning is frowned upon on in some religions and cultures, and how some people don't really see it as something ethical. Cloning is pretty much a really new branch in science, so you can discuss its implications and how it can affect society. I found this website which I thought was pretty helpful.
Nour M.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No problem
(Original post by teoavr)
thank you !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (25)
13.16%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.32%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.74%
I need help with my personal statement (79)
41.58%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (47)
24.74%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.58%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (15)
7.89%

Watched Threads