Harriet2017
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hey,

Out of interest I wondered if students are allowed to bring a mini fridge to keep in their room.

I’ll likely be staying in Glenside/hollies.

Many thanks,
H
Harriet2017
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
UWE Bristol
wero123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
i think you have to report it and get it checked first
J_J_
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Harriet2017)
Out of interest I wondered if students are allowed to bring a mini fridge to keep in their room.
From the terms and conditions (https://www1.uwe.ac.uk/students/acco...ditions.aspx):

2.6.5 Not to bring into the Room or Building any furniture, fittings, mattresses, washing machines, dryers, microwaves or refrigeration equipment without first obtaining the University’s prior consent. The University will not unreasonably withhold that consent (subject to 2.6.3 above).

On one hand, it would be ridiculous if every student had their own fridge in their room. On the other hand, they have fairly rigid guidance for how many fridges they'll provide per flat (linked to the number of students). In my experience, you may be lucky to get more than one fridge shelf (and one freezer drawer) to store your perishable food. If you actually want to cook proper food, or have special dietary requirements, it can make food management way more of a chore than it should be. They do periodically check the rooms for contraband.

They're probably more likely to approve it if you need a fridge to store medication or similar.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Nov '19
  • University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (38)
26.03%
No (108)
73.97%

Watched Threads