Would you recommend University of Newcastle

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey,
I would like to know if Uni of Newcastle is good for its Masters Course for Biological Sciences?
TSR_Ollie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

Why do I do this?

The Universities forums get a lot of questions that are unanswered. This is often because the OP's thread got missed - bumping threads gives them another lease of life and frequently results in someone seeing it and being able to respond

If you would like to help with unanswered questions check out the first part of the list here and don't forget the second part of the list here.

Or if you have questions, get in touch with Puddles the Monkey.
Newcastle University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi Anonymous,

You can view our full range of postgraduate biology-related courses on the following link: https://www.ncl.ac.uk/nes/postgraduate/pgt/biology/
If you select your course of choice form the above list, you can find more information regarding course content, entry requirements, fees/funding options (including scholarships available) and how to apply within each course specific page.

We rank 30th of 102 in the Biological Sciences League Table 2020 by The Complete University Guide. You can view the ranking here: https://www.thecompleteuniversitygui...cal%20Sciences

Or 35th of 104 in University guide 2019 by the Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...or-biosciences

If you have any specific queries relating to any of our courses, please don't hesitate to ask.

Hope this helps 😊

Susie
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey,
I would like to know if Uni of Newcastle is good for its Masters Course for Biological Sciences?
Anonymous #1
Hey,

Thanks a lot, Susie!

I would like to know as to how long does it take to process an application?
I have applied for a Master Degree program Industrial and Commercial Biotechnology on 31st Jan 2019, haven't still heard from them yet!

As I would lose out on Scholarship opportunities would like to know the estimated amount of time it would take to know the status of an application?

Cheers
(Original post by Newcastle University)
Hi Anonymous,

You can view our full range of postgraduate biology-related courses on the following link: https://www.ncl.ac.uk/nes/postgraduate/pgt/biology/
If you select your course of choice form the above list, you can find more information regarding course content, entry requirements, fees/funding options (including scholarships available) and how to apply within each course specific page.

We rank 30th of 102 in the Biological Sciences League Table 2020 by The Complete University Guide. You can view the ranking here: https://www.thecompleteuniversitygui...cal%20Sciences

Or 35th of 104 in University guide 2019 by the Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...or-biosciences

If you have any specific queries relating to any of our courses, please don't hesitate to ask.

Hope this helps 😊

Susie
Newcastle University
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey Anonymous,

If you DM me your full name and application number I'll can check the status of your application for you

Susie
Hey,

Thanks a lot, Susie!

I would like to know as to how long does it take to process an application?
I have applied for a Master Degree program Industrial and Commercial Biotechnology on 31st Jan 2019, haven't still heard from them yet!

As I would lose out on Scholarship opportunities would like to know the estimated amount of time it would take to know the status of an application?

Cheers
Anonymous #1
Hey Susie,

Name: Sanjana Vishwanath
Application Number : 190439589

I have tried and emailed the admission committee but there has been some issues with the technical team with regard to the application process.
My friend has also applied for the same course but in December 2018 and has received a confirmation from the uni around Feb whereas, I applied on 31st Jan 2019 and haven't heard from them yet.

Really sorry for asking these questions but would really to join the University and the process back here in India is a bit slow with regard to Visa and my college Degree certificate so would love to hear from you ASAP. This would help me process my provisional certificate visa and accommodation.

Would be really grateful if you could help me out in this situation.

Cheers,
Sanjana

Hey Anonymous,

If you DM me your full name and application number I'll can check the status of your application for you

Susie
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
I went there for a year and it was the worst experience ever. There is no support, the lecturers are rude and talk down to you, one was so passive aggressive I had to get head of department involved. I transferred to Northumbria (although not as good a Uni, I know) and love it. Go there
Newcastle University
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi Sanjana,

Our admissions team have been back in touch to advise that your application is currently with our programme selector under consideration. They apologise for the delay and have advised they will be in touch with you as soon as a decision has been reached.
In the meantime, you may wish to contact our dedicated team at [email protected], as they may be able to offer further advice regarding your visa.

Hope this helps
Susie
Hey Susie,

Name: Sanjana Vishwanath
Application Number : 190439589

I have tried and emailed the admission committee but there has been some issues with the technical team with regard to the application process.
My friend has also applied for the same course but in December 2018 and has received a confirmation from the uni around Feb whereas, I applied on 31st Jan 2019 and haven't heard from them yet.

Really sorry for asking these questions but would really to join the University and the process back here in India is a bit slow with regard to Visa and my college Degree certificate so would love to hear from you ASAP. This would help me process my provisional certificate visa and accommodation.

Would be really grateful if you could help me out in this situation.

Cheers,
Sanjana
Newcastle University
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sorry to hear this Anonymous #2,

If you’d like to DM me some further information, I’ll make sure your feedback is shared with our teams involved to take into consideration in future. And of course, if there’s anything further I can help you with, please don’t hesitate to ask.

But I’m glad to hear your transfer was a success and that you’re enjoying your time at Northumbria

Susie
I went there for a year and it was the worst experience ever. There is no support, the lecturers are rude and talk down to you, one was so passive aggressive I had to get head of department involved. I transferred to Northumbria (although not as good a Uni, I know) and love it. Go there
Anonymous #1
Hey Susie,

I have emailed them and thanks for the help.
May I know as to why there has been a delay with the application?

Thanks a lot

Cheers

Hi Sanjana,

Our admissions team have been back in touch to advise that your application is currently with our programme selector under consideration. They apologise for the delay and have advised they will be in touch with you as soon as a decision has been reached.
In the meantime, you may wish to contact our dedicated team at [email protected], as they may be able to offer further advice regarding your visa.

Hope this helps
Susie
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (47)
24.35%
Less motivated (146)
75.65%

Watched Threads