The Student Room Group

19 Data to Physics A-level Exam

Only 19 Days left, is it possible to go from a C to a B or an A in this time and what would I need to do.
Correction I meant "Days" instead of "Data" which I wrote in the title
Reply 2
For me, it took 5 weeks of past papers to go from C to an A and another month to get an A+
If I was you it wouldn't be enough time for me to get an A, however I did got B 2 weeks after doing past papers.
No matter what you got 19 days left, just do whatever you can, you spend 2 years doing physics no point to not even try.
Maybe try to find past papers for which there are videos on youtube from teachers, so you don't spend too much time understanding the mark scheme they will tell you what to do (and comments usually help too), since time is limited.
My exact numbers are (I kept track):
9 past papers to get my first B
28 past papers to get my first A
After 40 past papers I kept getting A+ low A*
However I found physics to be the most challenging A-Level, for maths it took me 10 past papers and I got an A sooo you never know you might get an A.
Thank you, I'll try to do about 1 paper per day this week then 2 per day on other for physics, I got enough time for about 10 maths papers till maths exam, chemistry would be the weakest for me, how should I go about chem? a low B I would try getting
Original post by xipo7101
For me, it took 5 weeks of past papers to go from C to an A and another month to get an A+
If I was you it wouldn't be enough time for me to get an A, however I did got B 2 weeks after doing past papers.
No matter what you got 19 days left, just do whatever you can, you spend 2 years doing physics no point to not even try.
Maybe try to find past papers for which there are videos on youtube from teachers, so you don't spend too much time understanding the mark scheme they will tell you what to do (and comments usually help too), since time is limited.
My exact numbers are (I kept track):
9 past papers to get my first B
28 past papers to get my first A
After 40 past papers I kept getting A+ low A*
However I found physics to be the most challenging A-Level, for maths it took me 10 past papers and I got an A sooo you never know you might get an A.
Reply 4
Maths in chem after physics is easy.
If you do aqa last year they asked barely any memory based questions they were heavily mathy style exams, so maybe if you just cram organic and inorganic, you can be saved. Your physical chem should be very good after physics and maths.
Maybe try to find flashcards for chem online, use active recall methods they are much better than reading notes passively.
Try ankidroid app, maybe if you lucky they have flashcards for chemistry made by other people.
Reply 5
https://umutech.net/past_papers.html
Do PA10 papers for physics those are sick at linking all ideas together.
It is hard to find grade boundaries for them, but A is usually 51-60 marks.
Those are amazing for new a levels where you have to know spec as a whole.
good shout, ill try to focus more on inorganic and organic
Maths in chem after physics is easy.
If you do aqa last year they asked barely any memory based questions they were heavily mathy style exams, so maybe if you just cram organic and inorganic, you can be saved. Your physical chem should be very good after physics and maths.
Maybe try to find flashcards for chem online, use active recall methods they are much better than reading notes passively.
Try ankidroid app, maybe if you lucky they have flashcards for chemistry made by other people.
ill check em out now, thanks bro
https://umutech.net/past_papers.html
Do PA10 papers for physics those are sick at linking all ideas together.
It is hard to find grade boundaries for them, but A is usually 51-60 marks.
Those are amazing for new a levels where you have to know spec as a whole.

Quick Reply

Latest