Can I go to my insurance choice even though I meet the offer of my first choice?

Watch
minka0501
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am confused with the university confirmation on UCAS. Can I still decide to go to my second choice uni even if I meet the offer of the first choice?
Professorsonia
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Where you’re studying right now?
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by minka0501)
I am confused with the university confirmation on UCAS. Can I still decide to go to my second choice uni even if I meet the offer of the first choice?
Typically you will put your first choice as your firm choice - if you meet the grades or the university decides to accept you if you miss by a grade on results day, this is the university you will go to. Your insurance choice should be your second choice: if you don't get into your firm choice, you will go to your insurance choice (depending on if you meet their offer).

If your second choice is your first choice university, why not firm that one?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by minka0501)
If your firm accepts you (even with lower grades) then your insurance choice disappears. Your only option on results day to go to your insurance choice is via clearing - so it depends on whether your insurance choice is willing to accept you that way. There’s no guarantee.

Your firm choice should be your top choice - the one you most want to go to. You can swap your firm and insurance by ringing ucas if you made your replies within the last 2 weeks or by ringing all of your universities if it has been longer than that (but not later than mod July)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (398)
56.29%
I don't have everything I need (309)
43.71%

Watched Threads