lucyvato
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Do you guys have any useful strategies for last minute revision, other than the usual techniques (like flashcards and mind maps) ??

x Lucy
Kookerella
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I love Seneca, give it a whizz?
username2013595
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Method of loci - putting your notes or buzz words around your room/ a room and when you’re in your exam and thinking of something you can imagine yourself and remember where things and words were in the room.

Teaching yourself - if you have a whiteboard in your room you can act as if you’re teaching yourself for instance. Explaining the topic as if you’re teaching it to someone else that way you can make sure you actually understand it and the info you understand from it makes sense when read out - which is what the examiner will do. You can better try this with someone else( teaching it to them)!

Look cover and recall check - back to like primary school spelling tests. Look at the content and try and remember as much as you can, cover it up and recall it, check that you recalled it correctly and then move on to adding more info to it to remember it. For instance if you had to remember ways in which you can test for a mental illness you’d say “statistical infrequency; what it is, and recall that if you got it right add something new so : statistical infrequency; what it is & deviation from social norms - and what is it and keep adding to you have remembered everything. This is the method that mainly worked for me with method of loci for smaller info. I would recall the things daily by the way up to 2 weeks before my exams
lucyvato
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kookerella)
I love Seneca, give it a whizz?
Yeah, Seneca is amazing, but there is quite a lot of content to go over in a short space of time on Seneca. Thank you so much for the suggestion though
lucyvato
Rep:
?
This is honestly so helpful, thank you so much. I had never thought of any of these methods before, they certainly seem a lot more interesting and more useful than making a ton of flashcards every day.
Thank you again

x lucy

(Original post by gelle)
Method of loci - putting your notes or buzz words around your room/ a room and when you’re in your exam and thinking of something you can imagine yourself and remember where things and words were in the room.

Teaching yourself - if you have a whiteboard in your room you can act as if you’re teaching yourself for instance. Explaining the topic as if you’re teaching it to someone else that way you can make sure you actually understand it and the info you understand from it makes sense when read out - which is what the examiner will do. You can better try this with someone else( teaching it to them)!

Look cover and recall check - back to like primary school spelling tests. Look at the content and try and remember as much as you can, cover it up and recall it, check that you recalled it correctly and then move on to adding more info to it to remember it. For instance if you had to remember ways in which you can test for a mental illness you’d say “statistical infrequency; what it is, and recall that if you got it right add something new so : statistical infrequency; what it is & deviation from social norms - and what is it and keep adding to you have remembered everything. This is the method that mainly worked for me with method of loci for smaller info. I would recall the things daily by the way up to 2 weeks before my exams
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (131)
14.72%
I'm not sure (40)
4.49%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (267)
30%
I have already dropped out (22)
2.47%
I'm not a current university student (430)
48.31%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise