Nottingham Trent or Oxford Brooke’s

Pros and cons of both?
I’m really stuck between choosing
_roman0f
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
im from notts, Trent just won (Sunday times I think) university of the year and it is really moving up in the league tables if youre bothered about that. notts is also a really good city especially if you're coming from a smaller place as it has a proper city atmosphere (busy, lively, loads to do, its really student orientated and a fairly affordable place to live) but the city centre is quite compact so you won't feel like youre drowning and you can get around by foot super easy. Depends what youre studying but the main campus is right in the city centre and literally right next to 4 amazing clubs. I know loads of people at Trent and they love it and have really good social lives, its really diverse as well and has a lot of international student although they tend to stick together.
sorry ive never heard of Oxford Brooke's lol so I can only give my opinion on Trent
(Original post by Iona.r)

Pros and cons of both?
Jenx301
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Trent is a great uni - loved studying there!
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hey,
I couldn't give you direct feedback from personal experience but, as already mentioned in the thread, I've heard good things about Trent and was going to go there myself.

Making a pro-and-con list may help!
Josh
Helloworld_95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Which subject? Oxford Brookes is miles ahead for automotive/mechanical engineering for example.
Oxford Brookes University
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey!

What course are you looking to study?

I am a third year student at Oxford Brookes studying geography and have absolutely loved it! Oxford itself is a smaller city, but with plenty to do. There are lots of cafes, bars, nightclubs and the Westgate is great for shopping, as well of course all the culture and historical buildings Oxford is famous for. It is also very central, there is a coach to London (£10 return for students), buses to the major airports and a train station so you can get basically anywhere.
Oxford Brookes is also a smaller university, but still with plenty to do as well. It has a real sense of community, with everyone clearly proud of studying here. There are loads of societies and sports teams you can join, we compete in the BUCs championships for many sports and have an extremely competitive Derby day with Reading University (which we won this year!).

Please let me know if you have any questions about your course, the University, Oxford or student life in general. I know I am slightly biased but I really do love Oxford Brookes!!

Issy
(Original post by Iona.r)

Pros and cons of both?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.73%
Excited (151)
8.98%
Worried (303)
18.02%
Terrified (376)
22.37%
Meh (158)
9.4%
Confused (37)
2.2%