Sopfm19
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, I don’t know whether to put Durham or imperial for my firm choice to study geology. I don’t live in a city, so am not sure how much I’d like living in London but I prefer imperials course and I get a year abroad with it.
On the other hand I really like Durham as a uni and I like all the sports and other activities they offer.
So any advice on what to pick would be great, thanks : ))
Plagioclase
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sopfm19)
Hi, I don’t know whether to put Durham or imperial for my firm choice to study geology. I don’t live in a city, so am not sure how much I’d like living in London but I prefer imperials course and I get a year abroad with it.
On the other hand I really like Durham as a uni and I like all the sports and other activities they offer.
So any advice on what to pick would be great, thanks : ))
What did you think of Imperial and the setting when you visited? Ultimately you're going to have to weigh up the environment versus the course to decide which is more important for you because I can't tell you which is more important for you. It's important that you're studying in an environment that makes you happy so if you think that living and working in busy central London isn't the best environment for you, that's something to consider. Or perhaps you think it's a risk worth taking. What I can say is that both universities are excellent so you won't be making a "bad" decision either way.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (10)
12.99%
I need help researching courses (7)
9.09%
I need help with filling out the application form (4)
5.19%
I need help with my personal statement (32)
41.56%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (19)
24.68%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.6%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
3.9%

Watched Threads