The Student Room Group

ECONOMICS A LEVEL 9/10 and 15 MARKER AQA

Was just wondering what the structure was for 15 and 9 (or 10, I can't even remember) markers in economics?
Are we supposed to evaluate? Conclude? How many points?
[this is for the AQA spec A Level Y13 btw]
Help pls, thanks a lot
Intro with as many relevant definitions as possible.
9-marker: Two points plus at least one diagram.
15-marker: Three points plus at least two diagrams.
Chains of analysis for each point made and refer back to the question.
Examples (using extract data if provided, or real-world examples if not) help justify your points.
As far as I know, no evaluation or judgement for either - only for the 25 markers on AQA.

I think the 9 & 15 markers tend to just be "explain..." questions so I don't think you need to make points against what the question suggests - just make points that agree with it.

Be aware that the 10 marker in Paper 3 is different and requires data-analysis / evaluation. See Econplusdal's video for this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlqCRVbE0mg

Original post by criptonight
Was just wondering what the structure was for 15 and 9 (or 10, I can't even remember) markers in economics?
Are we supposed to evaluate? Conclude? How many points?
[this is for the AQA spec A Level Y13 btw]
Help pls, thanks a lot
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by beachpanda
Intro with as many relevant definitions as possible.
9-marker: Two points plus at least one diagram.
15-marker: Three points plus at least two diagrams.
Chains of analysis for each point made and refer back to the question.
Examples (using extract data if provided, or real-world examples if not) help justify your points.
As far as I know, no evaluation or judgement for either - only for the 25 markers on AQA.

I think the 9 & 15 markers tend to just be "explain..." questions so I don't think you need to make points against what the question suggests - just make points that agree with it.

Be aware that the 10 marker in Paper 3 is different and requires data-analysis / evaluation. See Econplusdal's video for this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlqCRVbE0mg

Absolute savior - thank you very much I wish you the best in exams if you have any. If not, the best of luck in what you're doing!:biggrin:
You're welcome and yep in the same boat so thanks - you too!

Original post by criptonight
Absolute savior - thank you very much I wish you the best in exams if you have any. If not, the best of luck in what you're doing!:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest