The Student Room Group

Help me!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pls

Tariq wants to investigate the distance people travel to get to their holiday destinatation and the price of their holiday.
he is going to write a plan for this investigation.
write down one thing that he should include in his plan for each of
.data collection
.presesnting and interpreting diagrams
.presenting and interpreting calculations
explain why each of your choices is appropriate.

pls help hmwrk due in tmrw
1. identify the independent and the dependent variable.
Independent (the thing you change) -
Dependent (the thing you measure) -
Control variables - the things you make sure are kept the same

2. Data collection.
You could use a table method, write all the distances on the table. You could ask random people the distances they travelled (using a random number generator and then asking those people), or you could systematically ask the people the distance they travelled and the price.

3. Presenting and interpreting diagrams
You could present the data on a table. You could also draw a scatter graph of the data obtained. (Scatter to find out the correlation between the price and the distance. If there is a positive correlation, then draw a line sloping upwards. Or if you see any correlation, draw the line of best fit

4. Calculation
I'm not sure whether this is to find the most cheap, expensive, average price. But, you could find out this using the cost/distance and then order them in increasing order to find out the cheapest, average and most expensive.

I hope this is helpful!
Original post by muteebm
Tariq wants to investigate the distance people travel to get to their holiday destinatation and the price of their holiday.
he is going to write a plan for this investigation.
write down one thing that he should include in his plan for each of
.data collection
.presesnting and interpreting diagrams
.presenting and interpreting calculations
explain why each of your choices is appropriate.

pls help hmwrk due in tmrw
Reply 2
thank you soooooooooooooooooooooo much
Original post by AthenaSphinx
1. identify the independent and the dependent variable.
Independent (the thing you change) -
Dependent (the thing you measure) -
Control variables - the things you make sure are kept the same

2. Data collection.
You could use a table method, write all the distances on the table. You could ask random people the distances they travelled (using a random number generator and then asking those people), or you could systematically ask the people the distance they travelled and the price.

3. Presenting and interpreting diagrams
You could present the data on a table. You could also draw a scatter graph of the data obtained. (Scatter to find out the correlation between the price and the distance. If there is a positive correlation, then draw a line sloping upwards. Or if you see any correlation, draw the line of best fit

4. Calculation
I'm not sure whether this is to find the most cheap, expensive, average price. But, you could find out this using the cost/distance and then order them in increasing order to find out the cheapest, average and most expensive.

I hope this is helpful!
No problem!

Good luck!
Original post by muteebm
thank you soooooooooooooooooooooo much
Reply 4
why are each choices appropriate
No problem!

Good luck!
When you means choices, what do you mean? Which choices are you mentioning?
Original post by muteebm
why are each choices appropriate
Reply 6
the presenting and interpreting data and calculation choices
When you means choices, what do you mean? Which choices are you mentioning?
I included the choices here for the presenting here
"You could present the data on a table. You could also draw a scatter graph of the data obtained. (Scatter to find out the correlation between the price and the distance. If there is a positive correlation, then draw a line sloping upwards. Or if you see any correlation, draw the line of best fit"

Interpreting data - You would expect that as the distance decreases, the price increases. However this will only be confirmed after findout the data. (I'm not sure about this one!)

Calculation - You would want to find out average price and see how it differs from what you expected. Doing the most and least expensive shows a range, so from that you would find out how different amounts people pay

I'm really not sure if I answered the question.

Good luck!

Original post by muteebm
the presenting and interpreting data and calculation choices
Reply 8
I included the choices here for the presenting here
"You could present the data on a table. You could also draw a scatter graph of the data obtained. (Scatter to find out the correlation between the price and the distance. If there is a positive correlation, then draw a line sloping upwards. Or if you see any correlation, draw the line of best fit"

Interpreting data - You would expect that as the distance decreases, the price increases. However this will only be confirmed after findout the data. (I'm not sure about this one!)

Calculation - You would want to find out average price and see how it differs from what you expected. Doing the most and least expensive shows a range, so from that you would find out how different amounts people pay

I'm really not sure if I answered the question.

Good luck!

well thank you for your help have a nice day

Quick Reply

Latest