Peterborough by election - Brexit Party for the win? Watch

generallee
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
There is going to be a by election in Peterborough, the recall petition against the disgraced Labour MP has been successful.

Hostage to fortune time. I forecast a win for the Brexit Party. Peterborough is a Leave Constituency. Pretty poor, lots of EU migrants.

The Labour MP is a pile of $hite, not too put to fine a point on it. Voters tend to punish that. We are in a febrile state as a country. By Elections can be extraordinary.

Sure, it is all to play for but in my bones I sense a shock.

Thoughts?
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It's not a labour MP though? She was booted... although given the relative crimes all these MPs commit i find it rather droll that this minor indiscretion has gotten everyone's panties in such a twist.

At any rate given you can hardly call it a party whilst keep a straight face i doubt it. Not to mention by your own admission of "lots of eu migrants" that will likely ipso facto screw them nicely.
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
i find it rather droll that this minor indiscretion has gotten everyone's panties in such a twist.
You think that conspiracy and perverting the course of justice are minor indiscretions? She conspired to get someone else accused of an offence that she herself was guilty of. That is not a minor indiscretion. She is a qualified solicitor and an MP, so the crime is particularly egregious.

I think you must have a very twisted view of what justice is.
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Good bloke)
You think that conspiracy and perverting the course of justice are minor indiscretions? She conspired to get someone else accused of an offence that she herself was guilty of. That is not a minor indiscretion. She is a qualified solicitor and an MP, so the crime is particularly egregious.

I think you must have a very twisted view of what justice is.
Are you illiterate or are you deliberately misquoting me?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Good bloke
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
Neither. I am highly literate, as evidenced by my posts, and I quoted your words exactly. You clearly described her crime as a minor indiscretion.
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
Why do you struggle so badly to keep a civil tongue? It seems to be entirely beyond you. One would have thought that your removal as CA for precisely this would have led you down a different path, but clearly not.
Dez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
The Brexit party is likely to clean up in the EU elections given the more democratic PR method that the EU uses, but in a FPTP election they don't even stand a chance. I'd say a Conservative victory is probably the most likely outcome at this point.
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Neither. I am highly literate, as evidenced by my posts, and I quoted your words exactly. You clearly described her crime as a minor indiscretion.
If you need to say that it rather demonstrates the opposite. As for your posts? An interesting example.
No, you selectively lopped off half of the post thus depriving it of any context. I quite clearly said compared to what most MPs get up to it is minor. You know, like embezzling money from the state? Corruption etc. etc. etc. Or to take a timely example apparently conspiring to aid the enemy with a 5G network 😏
Good bloke
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
Why do you struggle so badly to keep a civil tongue? It seems to be entirely beyond you.
Napp is certainly someone who won't have a sensible discussion when there is an insult to be thrown.
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
And the barefaced cheek of the woman to insist she remain as Peterborough's MP. Breathtaking in its arrogance.
Meganxo447
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I would like to add that Peterborough is not “pretty poor “ as you suggested, yes the town centre is awful but there are areas surrounding which are much nicer and not “poor” as you like to think.
Interesting that you bring up the Peterborough election as I believe there have been little coverage about it actually in Peterborough.
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Why do you struggle so badly to keep a civil tongue? It seems to be entirely beyond you. One would have thought that your removal as CA for precisely this would have led you down a different path, but clearly not.
Really? I’d have thought that would do exactly the opposite? Remind me why I should explain myself to you, of all people, though? :s. I see no particular issue with calling someone out for dishonestly quoting me.
Good bloke
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
although given the relative crimes all these MPs commit i find it rather droll that this minor indiscretion has gotten everyone's panties in such a twist.
You think that this means that you were comparing her crimes to those of others and revealing them as minor in comparision? You may have been trying to do so but it is rather ironic that you then questioned my literacy.

No, you actually described her crimes as a minor indiscretion.
Good bloke
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
And the barefaced cheek of the woman to insist she remain as Peterborough's MP. Breathtaking in its arrogance.
And compared herself to saints and prophets. Her chutzpah knows no bounds. I wonder if she will stand in the by-election.
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Napp is certainly someone who won't have a sensible discussion when there is an insult to be thrown.
Yes, indeed. It's so tiresome, though.
Good bloke
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
Really? I’d have thought that would do exactly the opposite? Remind me why I should explain myself to you, of all people, though? :s. I see no particular issue with calling someone out for dishonestly quoting me.
Dishonest now, eh? Do you ever read back what you write before you post it?
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You think that this means that you were comparing her crimes to those of others and revealing them as minor in comparision? You may have been trying to do so but it is rather ironic that you then questioned my literacy.

No, you actually described her crimes as a minor indiscretion.
Uhuh...
Do you have anything particularly pertinent to add then or is this going to be your usual cycle of seeing my post and getting all self indignant on it a matter of course? I mean if so it would probably be easier to cut to the chase.
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Dishonest now, eh? Do you ever read back what you write before you post it?
Given I quite clearly intimated a comparison and was not commenting on this as a stand alone? Yeah.
Good bloke
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
Uhuh...
Do you have anything particularly pertinent to add then or is this going to be your usual cycle of seeing my post and getting all self indignant on it a matter of course? I mean if so it would probably be easier to cut to the chase.
I think the indignant one is not me.

My pertinent point was that you described her crimes as minor indiscretion. I'm happy to repeat that for as long as you wish, safe in the knowledge that I am right.

There is a rather apposite aphorism about holes and digging, but you are obviously not familiar with it.
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I think the indignant one is not me.

My pertinent point was that you described her crimes as minor indiscretion. I'm happy to repeat that for as long as you wish, safe in the knowledge that I am right.

There is a rather apposite aphorism about holes and digging, but you are obviously not familiar with it.
I'm struggling to decide whether 'apposite aphorism' (which I greatly like) is tautologous.

You still write beautifully. It was a highlight of returning
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (526)
26.23%
The paper was reasonable (876)
43.69%
Not feeling great about that exam (391)
19.5%
It was TERRIBLE (212)
10.57%

Watched Threads