Last minute geography A Level revision advice Watch

RoseRouge
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Sooooo my exam is in 20 days, have I started properly revising? lol no I need to get A in geography overall to get into my firm so yeah, I'm pretty f**ked, anyway any advice for the last minute revision to push my grade up? Thank youuuu . I'm doing OCR geography. Also if your advice is to look at past paper questions, there's only two since I have the new spec, and I've done them all
Rolls_Reus_0wner
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by RoseRouge)
Sooooo my exam is in 20 days, have I started properly revising? lol no I need to get A in geography overall to get into my firm so yeah, I'm pretty f**ked, anyway any advice for the last minute revision to push my grade up? Thank youuuu . I'm doing OCR geography. Also if your advice is to look at past paper questions, there's only two since I have the new spec, and I've done them all
Exact same situation but I'm AQA
RoseRouge
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rolls_Reus_0wner)
Exact same situation but I'm AQA
Glad I'm not the only one! Why have we done this? Though I'd been in this same position for my whole life haha you'll be fine with AQA I used to do that exam board and the exam structure is so much better than OCR
Rolls_Reus_0wner
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Glad I'm not the only one! Why have we done this? Though I'd been in this same position for my whole life haha you'll be fine with AQA I used to do that exam board and the exam structure is so much better than OCR
I wish I took econ lol, i hate geography so much!. But we got 20 days to save ourselves and attain the bread. WE CAN DO THIS
RoseRouge
Rep:
?
I wish I took econ lol, i hate geography so much!. But we got 20 days to save ourselves and attain the bread. WE CAN DO THIS
Oh gosh, I feel ya. True!! Not too late! Btw how are you finding the maths aspect of it? Ngl I literally skip questions that have anything to do with filling in statistical stuff or anything maths lol I'm screewwweeddd :'D
Last edited by RoseRouge; 5 months ago
Rolls_Reus_0wner
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Oh gosh, I feel ya. True!! Not too late! Btw how are you finding the maths aspect of it? Ngl I literally skip questions that have anything to do with filling in statistical stuff or anything maths lol I'm screewwweeddd :'D
I take A-level maths so that stuff is calm most of the time however statistics is my weakness but it should be alright. They pretty much guide you through the question. I'm more worried about the 20 markers and knowing the content well enough
RoseRouge
Rep:
?
I take A-level maths so that stuff is calm most of the time however statistics is my weakness but it should be alright. They pretty much guide you through the question. I'm more worried about the 20 markers and knowing the content well enough
is that the most you've got?! HA, OCR has 33 markers... in fact TWO 33 markers in the last paper...fml
Rolls_Reus_0wner
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
is that the most you've got?! HA, OCR has 33 markers... in fact TWO 33 markers in the last paper...fml
Thats n L, we have 3 20 markers in each paper(2 papers in total)
username4368582
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Why are there sooo many case studies for physical
RoseRouge
Rep:
?
Thats n L, we have 3 20 markers in each paper(2 papers in total)
Yeah we've got 16 markers instead, so I guess it balances out in a way lmao what grades do u need to get and what uni have u firmed by curiosity? I need AAB for KCL but hopefully they'll let me in with UUU, hmm think I've got a chance...
RoseRouge
Rep:
?
(Original post by namkeen-kuthi)
Why are there sooo many case studies for physical
you can say that agaiiinnn, fun fact my teacher who's the head of geography didn't teach us enough content for the case studies according to the spec, so now I gotta teach myself, fun timessss
Rolls_Reus_0wner
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Yeah we've got 16 markers instead, so I guess it balances out in a way lmao what grades do u need to get and what uni have u firmed by curiosity? I need AAB for KCL but hopefully they'll let me in with UUU, hmm think I've got a chance...
Had a quick look through the 2018 papers, it looks like so little compared to our paper lol (Jk its more). We have don CW so out exams are like 60% of the course. hopefully sheffield accepts me with a AAB lool

Btw wht u wanna do at Kings?

I wanna do Mechanical ENgineering at Sheffield (Adjustment0 but my firm is a foundation Year (BBB) at Sheffield so I need to OBTAIN THE GRAIN
Last edited by Rolls_Reus_0wner; 5 months ago
RoseRouge
Rep:
?
Had a quick look through the 2018 papers, it looks like so little compared to our paper lol (Jk its more). We have don CW so out exams are like 60% of the course. hopefully sheffield accepts me with a AAB lool

Btw wht u wanna do at Kings?

I wanna do Mechanical ENgineering at Sheffield (Adjustment0 but my firm is a foundation Year (BBB) at Sheffield so I need to OBTAIN THE GRAIN
oh really? 60%? didn't realise that. Yeah dw Sheffield will defo accept you. Wanna do European & International Studies w/French Yessss you do!! , tbf who knows, they may even have clearing spacess, Sheffield are a bit lenient with their entry requirements but don't depend on it obviously, not like I am with King's:/
Rolls_Reus_0wner
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
oh really? 60%? didn't realise that. Yeah dw Sheffield will defo accept you. Wanna do European & International Studies w/French Yessss you do!! , tbf who knows, they may even have clearing spacess, Sheffield are a bit lenient with their entry requirements but don't depend on it obviously, not like I am with King's:/
I'll deal with Plan A-ZZZ right after my exams. I just need to concentrate, get my knowledge together and attain the bread!! I CAN DO THIS and so can you (even though I'm seriously underprepared I hope this dosen't happen at uni )
RoseRouge
Rep:
?
I'll deal with Plan A-ZZZ right after my exams. I just need to concentrate, get my knowledge together and attain the bread!! I CAN DO THIS and so can you (even though I'm seriously underprepared I hope this dosen't happen at uni )
Yes we can!! Good luck!!
Rolls_Reus_0wner
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Yes we can!! Good luck!!
What are your other subjects?

Mine are Maths (A/A* rn) and Comp sci (C/B) rn
RoseRouge
Rep:
?
What are your other subjects?

Mine are Maths (A/A* rn) and Comp sci (C/B) rn
French and Eng Lit
Rolls_Reus_0wner
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
French and Eng Lit
i took English once, i hated it so much i left after the first lesson.. no offense but essay subjects aint it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (112)
17.75%
It's just nice to be back! (172)
27.26%
Not great so far... (225)
35.66%
I want to drop out! (122)
19.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise