Friend talking to Best Friend's Ex?! HELP! Watch

rhiiiiiiia
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hey everyone!

So basically I have a bit of an issue. Me and my best friend are so close and I literally tell her everything. She and her boyfriend are in a happy and content relationship, but
her ex of 4 years ago has started talking to one of my other friends.
I have two problems with this. Me and my best friend kind of have a mutual dislike of her ex and don't associate ourselves with him or even talk about him because of the way he treated her. This means though that I don't feel like I can support the friend who's getting to know her ex because I don't want to run the risk of saying nice things about him, or about them if they are eventually a couple, and seeming disloyal to my best friend.
I basically don't know whether to tell my best friend about this situation or not, or even to say to the other friend that I don't feel like it's my place to talk about him.

What do you guys think??xx
ef26
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Can you just have a quick word with your other friend to explain what happened with your best friend? Then they get a warning and also it’s clear for your friend why you might not be so happy about their (possible?) future relationship.
Tbh if you don’t want to do that you could just say that your not keen about the ex due to past experiences?
Idk but hopefully I might have helped a little xxx
KateR03
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Tell your friend about what he did to your best friend and maybe warn her. If she continues to talk to him then tell your best friend.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
26.9%
Not great so far... (217)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.31%

Watched Threads