The Student Room Group

Feeling down about my dissertation

I've had a really unlucky year which has made a huge impact on my dissertation and I'm feeling so down about it.

I was really optimistic about my dissertation topic, and have stayed dedicated to it throughout this year, but it isn't going to be nearly as good as I hoped it might. There just isn't enough time since such a chunk was eaten up by some really unlucky incidents. I am expecting a rubbish grade and that my tutor and the second marker will probably scorn it to pieces. I think despite this, I'm just so disappointed that I won't be able to give the respect that I know my chosen topic deserves and it's made me feel like failure.

I'm trying my best at this point, but I know there's not much I can do now since it's due soon.

Anyone else been in this situation or going through this too?
kind of going through atm.. it's a *****y feeling since the dissertation takes up so much of our final grades :/
All we can do is do our best until the deadline and hope for the best..
I saw someone did a 11k diss in 3 days and get a first.. so anything is possible I guess
Original post by Anonymous
I've had a really unlucky year which has made a huge impact on my dissertation and I'm feeling so down about it.

I was really optimistic about my dissertation topic, and have stayed dedicated to it throughout this year, but it isn't going to be nearly as good as I hoped it might. There just isn't enough time since such a chunk was eaten up by some really unlucky incidents. I am expecting a rubbish grade and that my tutor and the second marker will probably scorn it to pieces. I think despite this, I'm just so disappointed that I won't be able to give the respect that I know my chosen topic deserves and it's made me feel like failure.

I'm trying my best at this point, but I know there's not much I can do now since it's due soon.

Anyone else been in this situation or going through this too?
Reply 2
Original post by idekbruhbruh
kind of going through atm.. it's a *****y feeling since the dissertation takes up so much of our final grades :/
All we can do is do our best until the deadline and hope for the best..
I saw someone did a 11k diss in 3 days and get a first.. so anything is possible I guess

That's insane! :O Glad to hear I'm not alone, but also sorry to hear that you're going through the same thing :-(
Hey, I was just wondering how you did on it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending