Talal ahsan
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I have two questions related to uni admissions.. I am doing
A levels from Pakistan but will not be able to give my exams in may/june but will give them in oct/nov.. I got good grades in o levels 6A* and 3As. My question is will my oct nov exams impact my uni admission the uk or not. The second question is as the usa does not have a unified admission system like the uk will it effect it there because most application deadlines are in December while my results will come in January. Is it possible that i give sat and fill other applications but submit my As results later. Your response will be super appreciated because i dont have that much help in Pakistan.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Talal ahsan)
I have two questions related to uni admissions.. I am doing
A levels from Pakistan but will not be able to give my exams in may/june but will give them in oct/nov.. I got good grades in o levels 6A* and 3As. My question is will my oct nov exams impact my uni admission the uk or not. The second question is as the usa does not have a unified admission system like the uk will it effect it there because most application deadlines are in December while my results will come in January. Is it possible that i give sat and fill other applications but submit my As results later. Your response will be super appreciated because i dont have that much help in Pakistan.
yes in the uk apply without having the results yet so that wont be an issue.
Talal ahsan
Rep:
?
Is there any specific test like the SAT for usa for international students applying for the uk or are A levels enough
(Original post by claireestelle)
yes in the uk apply without having the results yet so that wont be an issue.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Talal ahsan)
Is there any specific test like the SAT for usa for international students applying for the uk or are A levels enough
You may need to do an ILETS test which is an english proficiency test but each university will vary if they want that or not.
Talal ahsan
Rep:
?
Thanks for the reply. 😀
(Original post by claireestelle)
You may need to do an ILETS test which is an english proficiency test but each university will vary if they want that or not.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (221)
60.88%
No (76)
20.94%
Not sure (66)
18.18%

Watched Threads