Bexjw
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by 548)
What stats are you guys sitting on that worry you, if it's okay to ask?
Incredibly borderline UCAT! 2550 overall, VR:580, DM: 640, QR:670, AR:660..

The only positive is that I have BSc(Hons) and MSc degrees, so points for the MSc! Good work exp (HCA, hands on hospice ward work and observation/ shadowing) over the 70hrs minimum.

Just the bloody UCAT! But kind of positive but I know people with scores above mine who complain theirs is a bad score... 👀
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by Bexjw)
Incredibly borderline UCAT! 2550 overall, VR:580, DM: 640, QR:670, AR:660..

The only positive is that I have BSc(Hons) and MSc degrees, so points for the MSc! Good work exp (HCA, hands on hospice ward work and observation/ shadowing) over the 70hrs minimum.

Just the bloody UCAT! But kind of positive but I know people with scores above mine who complain theirs is a bad score... 👀
Might be a bit of a squeeze, good luck! Is Warwick going to be the only uni you'll be applying to?
Bexjw
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by 548)
Might be a bit of a squeeze, good luck! Is Warwick going to be the only uni you'll be applying to?
No, others are GAMSAT universities but obviously have no idea how GAMSAT went.
adritakabir
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hey guys, do you know when Warwick release their cut-offs? Could that be prior to the ucas deadline?
Marni_
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by adritakabir)
Hey guys, do you know when Warwick release their cut-offs? Could that be prior to the ucas deadline?
Usually the cut offs depend on who apply to the uni so as far as I'm aware, no uni releases them before the deadline.
TheOneAmr
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hey guys sorry for another one of these-

Just did my ucat and got 2640, wondering what my chances are? I know I'm above last year's cutoff but I looked on the thread for last year and saw some people say they didn't get invited for interview despite achieving a higher score. Would this just be a work experience issue?
I have quite good work experience - hospital, carehome and spent 6 weeks working at University hospital in Egypt to see the other side of what a national health service could be lol.

Where do you let them know about your work experience, is this on UCAS?
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by TheOneAmr)

Just did my ucat and got 2640, wondering what my chances are? I know I'm above last year's cutoff but I looked on the thread for last year and saw some people say they didn't get invited for interview despite achieving a higher score. Would this just be a work experience issue?
I have quite good work experience - hospital, carehome and spent 6 weeks working at University hospital in Egypt to see the other side of what a national health service could be lol.

Could also be a VR score issue.

You let them know in the survey.

All answers found here: https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/med/st...ying/entryreqs
adritakabir
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I got 570 in VR (yeah, screwed up) - is it still worth me considering Warwick?
Rep:
?
If everything else seems okay, it may still be worth considering. Last year VR cut off was 567. The year before that it was 570.
_karen_
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
That depends on your overall score. VR is usually the lowest scoring section, so it shouldn't be a problem unless you got around the same score in all the other sections.
adritakabir
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by _karen_)
That depends on your overall score. VR is usually the lowest scoring section, so it shouldn't be a problem unless you got around the same score in all the other sections.
My overall is 2580 :/ is that too low?
_karen_
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
My overall is 2580 :/ is that too low?
The total UCAT score varies from year to year, so it would depend on the mean. The lowest scoring applicant who was called for selection day in 2019 was 2570. You still have a chance if this year's mean is lower than the last. I personally think its a little too risky but it's worth a shot if its your 1st option.
I'm not really sure if your VR score is above the average but you could check the UCAT Interim score for this year and decide accordingly. ( so far, the avg is 576 in Vr but this will usually decrease in the final score list that will come out on Oct 7th. )
zozowarf
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by TheOneAmr)

You definetly still have a chance with that score Could be work exp or VR related! They send out a form after all applications are in!
zozowarf
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
That should hopefully come in above the national average so unless the Warwick VR average is alot higher than that, I wouldn't discount applying there. It's worth a shot depending on where else you're applying i'd say! There's no way of knowing unfortunately until everyone has applied as Warwick use cohort averages.
Pseudovyn
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hey guys, just sat my UCAT today and unsure how I feel about the score. I got 2670 with 600 in VR so hopefully enough to pass the cut off.

I graduated with a first in MPharm so I'm currently working as a pre-registration pharmacist in a hospital but does anyone know if this counts towards the 50 hours experience?

I've also had the chance to shadow doctors after work hours/weekends but will they accept this for the additional 20 hours? I have a feeling they won't... Although I will have 20 hours shadowing a physiotherapist at another trust but I don't know if this is acceptable for the 20 hours shadowing?
As things are while working, it would be hard for me to get any shadowing out of hours that's not already from my trust.

I've contacted admissions but still awaiting their reply. Hoping someone else may have the answers.
hamzayusuf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Does an MPharm / MEng add more weight to an application?
hamzayusuf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Pseudovyn)
Hey guys, just sat my UCAT today and unsure how I feel about the score. I got 2670 with 600 in VR so hopefully enough to pass the cut off.

I graduated with a first in MPharm so I'm currently working as a pre-registration pharmacist in a hospital but does anyone know if this counts towards the 50 hours experience?

I've also had the chance to shadow doctors after work hours/weekends but will they accept this for the additional 20 hours? I have a feeling they won't... Although I will have 20 hours shadowing a physiotherapist at another trust but I don't know if this is acceptable for the 20 hours shadowing?
As things are while working, it would be hard for me to get any shadowing out of hours that's not already from my trust.

I've contacted admissions but still awaiting their reply. Hoping someone else may have the answers.
I believe you do need hands on care as mentioned on the website. So working care homes or as a HCA etc. I believe shadowing alone is not sufficient from what I read. I may be wrong.
I too am an MPharm with a 2:1 but I have done a year as rotational pharmacist post hospital pre reg.
s___97
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
its not worth applying with 2490 b2 is it?
i have the experience just dont have the ucat score
Rep:
?
(Original post by hamzayusuf)
Does an MPharm / MEng add more weight to an application?
Not from what I've read.
(Original post by medic1997_)
its not worth applying with 2490 b2 is it?
i have the experience just dont have the ucat score
Last year's cut off was 2,570, a slip of 80 in comparison to the previous year. It would be a risk, as these changes are not continuous.
Where else are you applying?
s___97
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by 548)
Not from what I've read.

Last year's cut off was 2,570, a slip of 80 in comparison to the previous year. It would be a risk, as these changes are not continuous.
Where else are you applying?
yeah i don't think it's worth risking
i dont know was thinking qmul and kcl undergrad but i dont think i can
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills โ€“ LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (425)
67.57%
No (204)
32.43%

Watched Threads